Skip to main content

Rec'd a call last week for a Pantera to be used in a movie shoot here in Miami. Has to run, perfect paint not necessary, & in all probability will get blown up in the movie. He went on to say immediate cash for the 'right' car. He needs a car priced in the 20's. TWENTIES!??? WHAT? I said this is the joke of the day right??? Not. He was serious. OMG. Some people. Out to lunch.
Shark
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Don't misunderstand guys, I'm not on the lookout for them to get a car to blow-up, I only posted for a laugh since the guys obviously OTL. I get other calls quite the same, like my dad owned one 20 years ago you guys worked on, he sold it for 8 grand, I'd like to get one now. Do you have a yellow chrome bumper around that price??? Another OTL.
I just became aware of a Pantera for $18,000. However, it is very rough. It looks like it caught on fire and then was stored outside to rust to death. Here is a picture of the car. Unlikely it is suitable for a movie but it might be good for blowing up with explosives after any good parts are removed. I have the owner's contact info if anyone wants it.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mms_img405953792
[Originally posted by George P:
quote:

Joe ... FBSOAL went over my head. Smiler

OTL "Out to lunch" - unaware of or inattentive to present conditions.

FBSOAL "few bricks shy of a load" - A pejorative phrase meaning not very intelligent

LOBNBH "Lights on but no body home" - Someone who is mentally vacant

Or ended the comment with
"Bless their Hearts"

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.