PANTERA INTERNATIONAL
A DE TOMASO CAR CLUB

Presents the De Tomaso Forums
The On-Line Meeting Place for De Tomaso Owners and Enthusiasts

Pantera International Home Page    De Tomaso Forums     Forums Summary Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Buyer/Owner Issues     Pantera Production History. How Many Cars?
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Pantera Production History. How Many Cars? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeff6559:
It is widely agreed that there were problems with the counts since the factory did not keep very good records and they were rather sloppy in assigning VINs.

Jeff

Jeff, good point, I see the situation a little differently, its not a complete matter of poor record keeping, but a matter of 2 different manufacturers. I doubt ther are any records for the pushbuttons, but I'm sure Ford kept good records for the Panteras manufactured at the Fossalta plant. However Ford did not share those records with the deTomasos, and as far as I know, Ford has never shared those records with anybody, which makes me wonder if they even exist,or were possibly destroyed. All indications are that the deTomasos kept good records of the Panteras manufactured at the Bruciata plant, and have helped owners over the years with those records. DeTomaso simply has no docuentation of the Panteras assembled during the Ford era.

George

Posts: 8118 | city, state or province, country: Ventura, California, USA | Registered: September 22, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Dougo
posted Hide Post
George your right about the build documentaion,
didn't we have this conversation in my garage one day? From talking with Isabel deTomaso, she seemed to think that all the records of US vehicles were sent up to Ghia when Ford bought it in 73'. Through out my research with Claudia, Tom Tjjarda, Isabel, Henry Ford Muesuem and basically a hundred other people, I'm convinced the records for the US built cars are gone. Isabel has got all the build documentaion for vehicles built for the "rest of the world"...

Posts: 133 | city, state or province, country: Ventura, Ca. USA | Registered: December 18, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't suppose Lois Eminger or Roger Hayman would have any info.

Posts: 430 | city, state or province, country: MD | Registered: January 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johnk:
I don't suppose Lois Eminger or Roger Hayman would have any info.

Have they slept at the Holiday Inn?

Posts: 8118 | city, state or province, country: Ventura, California, USA | Registered: September 22, 2004Report This Post