Skip to main content

quote:
The material was installed in one continuous piece. It is quite tough to damage but is stretchable so with some effort and patients, it will come out great.

Hi Kirk,

What did you use in the front trunk? That looks more durable than the original felt, but just as nice.

Thanks!
Garth
Garth,
It's a material made to recover trunks. I am no sure what it is called but will get the info and let you know. I like it because it will stretch and compress so you can install it without seams. It is very tough on top of the flexibility. Is does come in black but I prefer the gray/black.

Makes a good covering for the lids also.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Picture_34611_(2)
I am massaging the metal back into shape checking with my arcs to make sure it's going to be at least in the neighborhood for shape. It took longer to grind out the filler than to stretch and shrink and panel back into shape. Thanks Bondo boy and your dolphin waxing crew who ever you are.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Picture_33657
After finding Bondo boys work on the passengers side, thought I better take a look on the drivers side to.

WTF!!!! OMG and I had to for the 468 time call the owner and say, "Well it's a Pantera so add another 0 to the total" Wasn't quite that bad BUT....

Good night for now.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Picture_34330
quote:
Originally posted by JFB #05177:
quote:
Originally posted by Kirk Evans:...call the owner and say, "Well it's a Pantera so add another 0 to the total" .

While I have been in awe at the quality of work and attention to details, a statement like so scares me. I couldn’t that the shock (nor afford to continue) IF I ever find someone to do 5177

Tongue in cheek comment. The first repair on the driver side was done poorly but the rocker and door post bottom were salvageable. The post had a few pits rocker was bad only below the post bottom which is typical. Sometimes you do not have to totally start from scratch---just need good access to the damage to clean it up and protect it for the future with POR or something similar. I opened a car up with some crash damage rust repaired with similar issues from 10 years ago and it still looked like it was just repaired--no new rust. It had POR on it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.