Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by kim k:
Thank you all for the nice comments!

It would be a lot easier to buy the 5s fenders ! But in my eye they don't look right, I want them to follow the tire as close as possible.
And i have raised the wheel opening so the tire is in right place with the car lowered. And then i also have the front panel 80mm more vertical than oem to flow better with the lowered back panel

Its possible to do on the original 5s fenders but almost more effort than making own fenders.

Yeah, nice custom fix around the tire. Plus I thought real 5S fenders were almost impossible to find anymore anyway. I know a guy that did a custom build with special made carbon fiber 5S style fenders, and he shaped the wheel area to be rounder as well to hug the shape of the tire.
quote:
Thank you all for the nice comments!

It would be a lot easier to buy the 5s fenders ! But in my eye they don't look right, I want them to follow the tire as close as possible.
And i have raised the wheel opening so the tire is in right place with the car lowered. And then i also have the front panel 80mm more vertical than oem to flow better with the lowered back panel

Its possible to do on the original 5s fenders but almost more effort than making own fenders.

I have to agree. I have always thiught the wheel opening should follow the wheel. Can you make a couple more?

It looks fantastic!!
quote:
Originally posted by DOES 200:
Yeah, nice custom fix around the tire. Plus I thought real 5S fenders were almost impossible to find anymore anyway.

I am told Wilkinson has a couple sets of original 5S fenders, but wants to do the work not just sell fenders. Retail price on the originals is over $15K, fortunately I have set stored away.

The aftermarket variants are just side pieces you cut in and are hand formed over dubious bucks.

Personally I do like the squared off look, it adds another angle IMO.

Julian
Tajon No not really!
I must have the car here to fit it to or its not going to be any good .
Its ride hight, type of wheels, different front panels,difference between cars and other things that make them diverse.

Kjeld
I am searching for a very small rubber strip but have not yet find any. One option is to just fill it in with glue. I have tried various models but all is to big so far.

I am very glad to hear that some like my type of fender and some not, That is why these type of forums is so interesting if all would have same taste here would only be the same black car.
quote:
I am very glad to hear that some like my type of fender and some not, That is why these type of forums is so interesting if all would have same taste here would only be the same black car.

Please don't misunderstand, I don't dislike what you have done, I just prefer the original concept. I have a lot of respect for what you have done and the work involved, it is far beyond my skill level. I suspect that is why the vendor fenders are so many welds, as they are not true experts in metal shaping like you.

Julian
No worry Joules!
I was not offended at all ! I just meant that it is nice with so many different tastes on this forum and every body can agree on some level !
(Try to post a build like this on a Ferrari forum that's scary)
I really like when you all comment my build Smiler Good or bad its always good to hear others opinion!
Its some times hard to formulate correct in english what i mean.
quote:
Rubber for windscreen.

I find one i will use for my build.

I'm confused.

Why are you sourcing a non-stock windshield gasket when there are readily available quality gaskets available from our vendors?

Perhaps I've missed something in the previous postings, if so please clarify.

Don't understand why one would feel inclined to reinvent the wheel for such a part.

Larry
Hmmm, okay?

I am thinking that a standard glue-in windshield uses adhesive designed to adhere the glass to the car body's metal.

IMHO, incorporating a flexible, subject to deterioration, rubber gasket into that glued joint would make that installation much less solid, secure, and durable.

Or are you somehow installing the rubber gasket after the windshield has been glued to the body?

Is there any standard production vehicle that incorporates such a glue-in/rubber gasket installation method?

I'm just not seeing good results from this approach.

Again, I may have missed something in a previous post. If so I again seek some clarification.

Larry

The glass factory had problem to get enough radius on the glass . It had something to do with the hardening process. but when they had tried a few they got it pretty near. But i had to take a little radius of the window frame(straitening) and make a little more radius on the vertical lifting mechanism! So now its working good!
and the glass is also E-marked =legal20170225_181845_[500x375)

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 20170225_181845_(500x375)
Last edited by kimk

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.