PANTERA INTERNATIONAL
A DE TOMASO CAR CLUB

Presents the De Tomaso Forums
The On-Line Meeting Place for De Tomaso Owners and Enthusiasts

Pantera International Home Page    De Tomaso Forums     Forums Summary Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Specific Car Photos    Pantera #6018 - 1974 Pantera L
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pantera #6018 - 1974 Pantera L Login/Join 
Forum Admin.
----------------
Picture of George P
posted
I found & purchased this beautiful silver L model Pantera at Mayberry Lincoln Mercury in May/June of 2004.

My youngest child, Adam, graduated high school, and dad finally bought the car he had waited
30 years to own.

6018 is an early 1974 L model (5900 was the first), assembled in July 1973.
It was originally sold in California, re-documented as a 1973 model, as all 1974 Panteras sold in California were.
The car's registration reads 1973/1974 De Tomaso Pantera. Laugh.

Posts: 8224 | city, state or province, country: Ventura, California, USA | Registered: September 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Admin.
----------------
Picture of George P
posted Hide Post
a rear 3/4 view

Posts: 8224 | city, state or province, country: Ventura, California, USA | Registered: September 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Admin.
----------------
Picture of George P
posted Hide Post
rear view

Forum Admin.
----------------
Picture of George P
posted Hide Post
a front 3/4 view

Forum Admin.
----------------
Picture of George P
posted Hide Post
some video with sound taken at Mayberry Lincoln Mercury, May 2004

Forum Admin.
----------------
Picture of George P
posted Hide Post
This picture was taken at the facility where
I worked from 1987 until my retirement in 2012.

Picture of bookmaker
posted Hide Post
Nice color!

Posts: 19 | city, state or province, country: Diamond Bar, CA | Registered: February 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"When speed is the only thing that counts"
Picture of garth66
posted Hide Post
Cool George! I didn't realize that was your car in the video of the silver '73 starting and idling at Mayberry Lincoln Mercury. I've had it linked from my website (1/2 way down the page) since they offered that car was for sale in 2004:
http://www.banzairunnerpantera.com/movie_dtinfilm.htm

Great looking car! Now add some pics at the same angles with the current wheels and tires (I think you have different wheels now, IIRC).

Cheers!
Garth

Posts: 2737 | city, state or province, country: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShotgunGrooms
posted Hide Post
I think there have been some other awesome mods too, rims, Kirk E. front bumber, new spoiler.... Love the new rims, whats on the back? 20s ? I got to see that in person

Posts: 1288 | city, state or province, country: Redlands, CA | Registered: February 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Admin.
----------------
Picture of George P
posted Hide Post
6018 was driven 1/2 of 2004, all of 2005 and all of 2006 with very little maintenance and no
major repairs or refurbishment. Just lots of miles.

The 1974 Panteras were definitely the most mechanically and electrically reliable versions sold by
Lincoln Mercury. But I have never liked the L bumpers. In the spring of 2005 the front bumper was
replaced by a set of mini bumpers from Amerisport. While I was at it, I installed Kirk's mini spoiler
just for grins. Afterwards there was too much black up front, so I repainted the grill to match the body.