Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

They are from PI Motorsports. I originally planned on recovering them in leather. They looked so good out of the box that I left them as is (vinyl). We had to install a bulkhead reduction kit and move the emergency brake handle back to get a little more room for the passenger. The room (leg -head)for the driver is snug compared to the 33 year old oem seats but is ok for me. ( 5'10" 175lb). i also relocated the visors so they fold up agaist the headliner to keep them out of the line of vision.
Husker:

The front spoiler is the steel one sold by PI Motorsorts. It needed to be "fitted" a little acording to the body shop. They used black door edge guard material (and painted it red) between the top of the spoiler and the body to act as an insulator to keep the seam from rusting. Yea, I like it alot. I took the big black bumper off at the same time so the front end changed alot and I love the result. So far the spoiler hasn't bottomed out on anything and that was one of the things I was a little worried about when i was looking for a spoiler.

Ed...
Mic:
Thanks. I don't regret removing the bumper. i would encourage you to do it.

The radio is an Alpine IDA-X001. The amp is separate and up front in the front trunk. After much thought I elected to have it professionally installed and the guys that did it were able to turn the "screen" on the unit 90 degrees so the display reads horizontal instead of vertical. Just like the units that came with the car.

Ed....
The Autometer gauges are great. There was a big improvement in legibility in daylight because of the black on white lettering. Nighttime viewing is 1000% bettter however I get a little reflection from the spedo and tach on the windshield which takes some getting used to.

The fuel gauge was a challenge. I used the full sweep version because it is programmable. You tell the gauge when the tank is full and when it is empty so I mistakenly thought we could use the original sender in the tank. We ended up brazing the electrical part of a new sender to the original pick up and that finally worked. So to repeat what others have already said, it is impossible to use a new fuel gauge with the the original Detomaso sender - just plan on replacing the sender also.

Trying to keep the indicator lights was a little interesting. The "gen" light(or at least the resisor on the back of the socket) needs to be in place to charge the battery so we stayed with an incadescent bulb and moved it to the e brake light location. We had to go to two turn indicators once we replaced the incadescent turn indicator bulb with led's.One led would not let the turn signals flash correctly. I chose led's to try to keep the look similiar to original and due to space considerations.

By the way the illumination is blue and is pretty cool at night!

Ed...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.