Skip to main content

How do the intake ports align on your engine? The reason that I ask is, with the Ford aluminum heads, the bottom of the intake ports are raised 5/8 to 3/4 of an inch from what the 4v iron heads use.

The only way one could use a high port intake with an original 4v iron head would be to use an aluminum plate to block the bottom of the open port.

The 3x2 intake is made for the iron 4v heads.

I have never used the TFS heads so I don't know if that was a problem for you or not? Did you need to make adapter plates?

Here is the difference in the ports. Top is the 4v.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • A331_manifold_3
Last edited by panteradoug
All my switches on central gauge panel have graphics on them and I wanted my dash switches to match...I removed the green lens and polished off the words wiper and wash. They will illuminate the graphics. The graphics are not decals...the switch is painted white and then painted black over that. A laser is then used to create the graphic by removing the black to show the white beneath. I played around with this using my dental laser, but if you have similar projects go to:
Stickyrxrs.com
I am very interested in your rework of the Recaro seats. I have been seeking information and sources of materials, but it seems to be scarce.

I have a set of the Recaro spectrums like yours, but even older, that do not have the electric controls or headrest speakers. Mine are all manual.

There is an eBay seller of the cloth material, but only in grey - silver - black; I wondered if it was decent quality.

Anyway, I will share whatever I can find out. Here is the only pic I have of mine:

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_0019
UFO-LOW
It's difficult to source parts for these. I was lucky to find a few pieces on ebay...like the "star" adjusting knobs and the round covers for these. Switches come available on occasion and almost impossible to find the blank switch cover (had to make sure my mod was precise as I only had one shot at it!). Leather is of my own choice and not original Recaro.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.