Skip to main content

Guys,

As a tribute or throwback to the Goose, I would like to know if anyone has seen or may have an extra wood shift knob from a Goose or perhaps even early early Pantera, that I can install in the Pantera???? See pic...

I always loved the look of the Goose knob...small sleek, color... and I didn't have the heart to separate the knob from the car when it rolled away.....just not that way..! But I wanted to really really bad!!!

If any one has one that they can bear to part with....lemmeno! OR a good wood lathe and some good hardwood stock.....!!!

Cheers!
Steve

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 101_7161_(Large)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Marlin,

OK, I'm not sure if this knob was rosewood or pootywood.....just a guess! Raised near the woods...not in them! Smiler

I would like the "same" size.... I didn't have any grip issues in the Goose....! But I'm not a maniac driver...! Usually....! I would also need to have the logo space.....

Understood about the insert. Would need to check to see that threads on Pantera shifter stalk are the same as what was on the Goose. I suspect it is....

It seems to me that there were black plastic small knobs on some Panteras???? (potential pattern?)

Yes, there could be a small market for custom cool wood knobs! I think the Goose wood knob is as "Italian" as you can get....not overstated giant knob....just enuf! ...from one that used to have a beer tap handle on his old 62 SS Hurst shifter!!!

Steve
JB,

That looks about right! My bigger one......is bigger around....sorta VW looking....or like an upside down pear of sorts.

Jack,

I have no reason to believe that my Goose knob is anything but the original! I could check with second owner......about this detail, but I suspect that it came with the car.

I found the cloisonned center emblem when I was working down in the console. It was in sad shape with part of the logo chipped... I put it away for safe keeping....must be pretty safe, cuz even I can't find it now....! BUT, it was same size as logo in the knob.

If this was covered....can't imagine it using the same logo......

BUT if you have a picture of what's underneath a stock Pantera knob...would love to see it! Perhaps I'll just tear the gopher hide off of it and go from there!!!

No worries about any more wood work....but I am thinking about a GTS clock.....not necessarily in the GTS location.......! Why constantly remind your passenger of the time! Way more interesting to give them an oil pan temperature readin!!! Smiler))

Steve
Dick,

Is it round on one plane only or is it a ball?

Did your car have this piece on it when it was being shown to the GM folks??? (if you know...)

If the latter, then I would say that it has some value....but on the car. Otherwise, it's just a round ball with metric threads.....and unless used on some other fancy Italian car it's worth is gonna vary depending on who is buying....

...good start at cleaning out the garage! Smiler
Steve

Steve

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.