Skip to main content

Recently on a topic about ignition switches I sent in a comment abut the Mangusta switch and I then added several preventative maintenance actions.

Steve, disputed my recommendations, but he was wrong on all counts. I replied but the message was not allowed to appear.

So, I am raising the question, what has anyone who has owned a Mangusta done for preventing ant known problems to appear?

There are plenty of opportunities, plugs and points, shift linkage, steering, ball joints, heims joints, etc.

DICK RUZZIN
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

So far most of my work has been fixing major issues so I don't have a useful prospective on preventative maintenance. I look forward to a time where the only work needed is preventative. I would venture a guess that many (most?) owners are in the same position.

My ignition was replaced with an aftermarket unit sometime during the 1990's due to a lost set of keys. I have some paperwork buried if someone really needs to know the part #. I have a quick disconnect on the battery so I can sleep without fear of shorts and fires.

As for the preventative stuff, does anyone have recommendations or information about brake fluid type and how to bleed the systems? My pedal requires heavy effort to deliver even minimal stopping power.
Your power brake unit is probably not working.
Before starting the car put your foot on the When starting the car, put the gearshift in neutral and yourfoot onthe brake pedal. When the engine starts your foot should go down slightly. That means the unit is working.

The valve on the unit might be bad or there could be a vacuum leak to the tank.

DICK RUZZIN
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Ruzzin:
Another thing I have done to keep dirt off of the shift rod between the two Heims joints on the rear frame is to make a cover held in place with velcro. Sand on the rod makes for very hard shifting.

DICK RUZZIN

That seems like an idea we could use on our Panteras, as well.

Thanks, Dick... added to the list!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.