Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

on 8ma1046, the radio hole was directly leathered over. 8ma1046 was highly original 12k mile car, but the seats were re-leathered and its remotely possible that the dash was re-leathered; but even the Italian tax lobo around the steering column was intact and no reason to think there would have been any reason to pull out the dash for any reason. There was a coax for an antenna running to the back, but being a 70's car it may have been for a CB radio...But possibly there was never a factory radio delete plate.

Neither was there evidence of a speaker (!). So I'm wondering, is anybody sure the factory actually installed radios ? 8MA1076 had a Becker and aerial on front right fender, but also no trace of a speaker installed.
Interesting, see picture of 8ma674, also w/o radio installed (holes punched in the dash metal, but not in the leather). Also interesting, the steering wheel here---the wheel on 8ma1076 is wood w/o the leather wrap, I've only seen a few other Mangustas (like the spider ! and 2 others) that are Ferrero w/o the leather...this is leather w/o the wood (!).
I'm guessing '674 is a nice car...Lee

http://www.ferraris-online.com...N-8MA674&imgnum=P027
Looking at Provamo, looks like AC went underdash at around 8ma1100...(8ma1096 still has the radio in the dash, by 8ma1106 the AC is in the dash instead). See 8ma1084, no radio is installed and leather is across the dash (over the punched holes). The "radio delete" plate I remember was on a picture of 8ma1064, Beverly Hall's car in Henry Rasmussen's "Panteras for the road"...but this must not be original, at least the 4 screw holes holding the plate don't align to a standard radio.
Provamo is a cool place to spend a lot of time... completely not related to leather;
- looks like the solenoid changed from Lucas 2ST to 4ST by 8ma1056.
- somewhere between 8ma1056 and 8ma1076 (my car), brakes changed from 2 piston Al to the cast iron Girling 17/3 and 12/3 (used for years on Lamborghini, Maserati, and Aston).
- the number of cars with their smog pumps in place is around the same number of Mangustas that have been built into race cars. How many of you guys have yours ? Smiler
--Lee
quote:
Al

quote:
somewhere between 8ma1056 and 8ma1076 (my car), brakes changed from 2 piston Al to the cast iron Girling

Yep! My car #596 has the aluminum calipers. When cleaned up they have a beautiful bare aluminum finish on them. Mine were marred by road tar or perhaps break fluid. I'm upset at my restoration guy for coating them in a yucky looking modern coating, but it's my own fault for not specifying otherwise. Can't decide if it's worth stripping the coating or not.
quote:
Al

quote:
How many of you guys have yours?

596 was engine swapped in the early 1990's.
It has a 5.0 from a 1991 mustang. Complete with factory computer and fuel injection.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.