Skip to main content

Hi folks, was looking at my visors recently and realize that they, no surprise, need attention (see below). I have the pair originally fitted on 1010, but unfortunately they were spray-colored black from the original off-white. I aquired one decent replacement years ago (driver's side) but don't remember what vehicle it came from. Must be some Alfa or Fiat, but I haven't seen anything of the same shape on Ebay for some time. Maybe Lancia?? Anybody know the original source? Probably nothing fancy and hopefully being remade somewhere (fwiw I learned that Miuras have the EXACT same basic part, but they are covered in 'snake-bite' vinyl vice our 'unperforated').

As for headliner, I've seen a lot of variants and don't know what's considered stock. Clearly there could be different versions. The large trim frame is covered in leather, possibly suggesting the original headliner was similar. I have photos of several cars with pleated patterns (like the central tunnel cover) but the widths of the pleats vary considerably car-to-car, no telling which is best to copy. Whatever was originally in my car has vanished so no clues there.

Thanks for any thoughts on either mystery! Regards to all, Nate

Attachments

Images (1)
  • visors
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Nate, yeah, I think the sunvisors were shared with Fiat (but I cannot find one on Ebay now that looks the same either, esp the new replacements).

The headliner on '1046' was gone, but 1076 had a headliner of about the same cream color as the sunvisor, non-perforated and non-pleated. I think it was leather (sorry, it was in a box for years and now the box is gone).
The frame on 1046 and 1076 was covered in black leather (as are the pillars and other trim around the rear bulkhead)--Lee
...don't mean to embarrass 1048 (and after all, at $324k it probably holds the record for a 2 headlight car), but here is the headliner in it. A thin (1/4"?) foam is between it and the roof, of course 50 old Italian foam crumbles away...even if you'd think it wouldn't have hurt the originality factor to glue it up (!)

'1048 has that peculiar front spoiler (peculiar because that is supposedly original paint, the car was very much like its older sister '1046 in that way...)--Lee

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 1048_headliner_
I have found and purchased a huge roll of the headliner material that exactly matches 8ma600. I will have extra when I finish installing the headliner. It is more difficult than I expected, to glue it with no wrinkles. I have already tried twice, using good equipment, but it is difficult to walk the fine line between too much and not enough glue. (using the correct very expensive glue)

The headliner material was glued directly to the metal roofskin, with no padding to hide mistakes.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.