Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Prices are going down. Only the superb original cars can keep the level. Modded and B class cars are on their way downhills.

Foose

By the way, who bought the foose Pantera end of 2017?
I would have bought it for this kind of money, really the best ever modded Pantera in the world.
If the owner wants to sell, contact me, I put some grants on top, no question.
Last edited by George P
quote:
Originally posted by HayDude:
Watched a Yellow 73 go for $46K earlier. Seemed a little low. Don't know any details.

I thought the same until I ran back the video and saw how the decklid and gaps were real bad. When cars are hit they should take time to fix em right or leave it alone for someone else to fix it properly.
Not sure if they are down as bad as it seems. There may just not be the right buyer in the room at the time. The yellow car in many pictures looked quite poor and had a sunroof cut in it. Also if you go on the BJ site it lists the final prices in including buying fees. If you are an informed bidder you need to have that calculated while you are bidding no different than any other tax. That yellow 73 then equals $50,600 a red 71 $102,300, a fairly messed with 74 gts Red and black, $112,200 the red 74L $82,500 and a yellow 73 GTS Euro car $121,000.

So yes the red 74L looks like it should have brought more, but three of those other cars brought some decent money that seems more in line with what some private sellers are asking.
quote:
Originally posted by gilles027:
The GTS gave 102.000 plus the fee. Prices go downhills.
Modded yellow ain't that bad, gave 45k plus. Would have given 70k easily in 2016/17. Decklid gap is no evidence for a crash and the engine bay shows no signs of a crash either. It is not a perfect car, but what is, is that we have to get used to lower price levels 2018.

Haha, I don't think so. That yellow car was hit and fixed bad, or just not built properly (when it rolled off the block you could see mostly right rear pushed in and not pulled out evenly & some other things). Easy to see for those that know what to look for. Also just looked at ebay photos back in early January and it looks pretty bad overall. But if the new owner is happy at that bid price, then what the hey he can enjoy it. Would take lots to fix it right though in and out. Panteras at Barrett are such a crap shoot; although if you need fast money with no reserve then that's the place to be.
quote:
Originally posted by r mccall:
quote:
Originally posted by gilles027:
Perfect 74L gave just 75k.
Holy, prices on the downhill.

Tell that to the guy who just blew $300k+ on the slightly modded GT5-S !

True. One thing I learned about the sale price of restored & modded cars over the years is similar to the real estate statement, "location location location" however with cars it's "condition condition condition". Sure, one says "duh" to that, but Barrett is a good example. When you are there in person you easily see the justification for disparity in sale prices.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.