Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

...just another car near the coast. If the guy had spent 2 hours with a can of spray paint and swept away the leakage behind the front tire, it would look like a lot of 35 year old cars.

The price seems to be a 'what if' deal--meaning, what if you could get 3 times what you paid for it in 1980 and haven't driven in 35 years, would that be enough to finally part with it ?
Good news for America, we have a lot of barns...and a lot of dreams to repair our old cars. This one will live again, its only about the price now...Lee
It looks to be in more or less the same shape as mine when I started. Maybe worse in some ways, better in others. I did not see any evidence of crash damage in the photos. I doubt it was submerged or flooded; the interior would be much worse if it were. It will need a complete going over, so the "original" paint is of no real benefit. My biggest concerns would be the ZF, the engine, and the structural parts of the underbody. Just IMO, I wouldn't offer anywhere near that money without a really good look at those items.
...you are right, the rust at the cowl is just barely detectable in the new post, the later picture around the windshield doesn't show it...And that area doesn't hold water (so is not going to be the worst--(beauty may be skin deep, but rust goes to the bone). The rust thru around the headlight cover was not isolated, and this is not communicated fairly in the new photos....Lee

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.