Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Actually this one might only because it came with a ton of supporting documentation from Ford and Detomaso. The car was kept identical to how it was delivered and kept totally stock. Rumor has it that it sold twice in one day for 70k, 80k. No clue if that's true or not... being a rumor and all. ;-)

This car was owned by Randy T in Phoenix for a long time before he sold it.
If it is legitimately a low mileage never touched car (pin stripe possibly a dealer addition)I hope it goes for a fortune and I do think it is special. I really think we need to support the uniqueness of these cars. Our cars have struggled to gain recognition in the collector car market place for far too long. Where else can you find an American powered mid engine sports car at these prices? Any other marque Ferrari, Shelby, even Corvette people rave about how special a first or last of production is. By 1974 these Pantera's were well sorted and great cars for the time (weren't they listed as sports car of the year by a magazine or two?). Ford's binder full of TSB's on the early cars had all been addressed and these cars were outperforming nearly everything on the road in 1974. This car if it is legitimate also represents the changing of Ford's hold on the Pantera to moving to the limited production of Detomaso. I think with nearly every other respected marque (or art for that matter) those attributes of representing such a change and being the last of an era would be considered important by high end collectors. It would make my day to see such a car, go for well over $100,000 and when compared to other cars of the era my feelings are that, that is still far below where many of the original cars should be. When there are Sunbeam Tigers and 308 Ferrari's now trading above the $100,000 mark, in my opinion our cars are still failing to be recognized.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.