Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

What are my opinions?

Dogs are better than cats
Better to ask forgiveness than to seek permission
I prefer my steaks medium rare
Anything but true maple syrup is a sad excuse and an insufficient substitute

I think your sign is very nice. It is very large. Why does the E have a big, black eyebrow? It would be very expensive to ship. I think you should ship it to me as a gesture of your kindness and our friendship. Christmas is coming and my kids are lousy shoppers.

I have more opinions if you need them.

Feel free to ask.

Larry
quote:
Originally posted by LF - TP 2511:
quote:

$3500 ??!! Eeker

If anyone still needed proof that BJ prices are not connected to reality, this should suffice.

Larry

OK. What's reality? When I asked for opinions, that's what I meant.

I remember one going for $1950 last year.

I would say that if someone's reality is $25, that doesn't make it? But in a world of Trumpism, reality with alternate facts has got me totally confused? Day is night, right? That guy who looks and sounds like me on that tape is an imposter? So who knows for sure?

Just like a Pantera, the car was worth what you could sell it for on that day is what it was worth.

Question: does yes still mean yes and no still no? Big Grin
Hum? Judging by the 'early returns', ebay looks like the place to sell them?

There seems to be little interest in the Pantera community itself. I'm guessing these would wind up as an 'American Picker's' item that winds up in some kind of a theme bar?

Considering the size of the thing and that it is intended to hang rather then be mounted to a wall, I suspected that it is going to have a very small market. I wonder who that individual is going to be?

Someone with a really good size 'man cave'...probably?
It's not mine so it isn't my problem.

I wouldn't know what to ask to begin with, nor does the owner. That's why he asked me.

I'm still stumped.

I keep asking him how much he wants for it and he keeps saying he doesn't know.

I told him I would ask what the community thought.

Apparently the people who are into these kind of signs think it is worth more then the Pantera community does?

It's like all of those Camaro guys who want to know if you would trade even? No one wants to deal with actual dollars and cents and your car can't be worth more then my Camaro.
Last edited by panteradoug
$3500 doesn't surprise me. I've seen many much more common porcelain Ford oval signs go for near that much and this is a pretty rare sign. We had a Waterloo Thrasher tractor sign that was beat up pretty bad and it went nearly half of that. I would think the following for Detomaso would be stronger than Waterloo tractors. Signs and old gas pumps seem to be bringing decent money right now.
quote:
Originally posted by Otis:
$3500 doesn't surprise me. I've seen many much more common porcelain Ford oval signs go for near that much and this is a pretty rare sign. We had a Waterloo Thrasher tractor sign that was beat up pretty bad and it went nearly half of that. I would think the following for Detomaso would be stronger than Waterloo tractors. Signs and old gas pumps seem to be bringing decent money right now.

This type of sign would be for someone like Gary Hall who would hang it in his showroom.

Where it is hanging now, over the workbench, only works because the guy who owns it is in a condo and has a high ceiling in his garage...AND he got it for nothing!

He's a "Buick Riviera" guy that used to work for that dealership and found it in the place's basement when it closed. He's a bachelor.

"You" could hang it over the bar in your playroom and replace the wine glass rack I suppose?

That needs to be cleared with "wifey" first I suppose and might not get beyond the initial suggestion stage?

Being a bachelor is great. You can keep your 'Harley' in the living room and polish it while you watch the Playboy channel...oops I mean Sports Channel?

Oh wait. Aren't they the same thing?
I have one of those Illuminated dealer signs and it looks great in my workshop. I’ve had it for several years and while I paid a bit less than $2K for it, I haven’t seen another for sale for anything near that price since. Free was a great deal your friend got.

quote:

120 bucks did it here.

That isn’t the same sign.
He had said he was going to will it to me. Now he's just tired of looking at it over his work bench.

With the inheritance tax deduction doubled from 11 million to 22 million, I should do ok with that?

The general consensus seems around $2,000. I'm not so sure how secure shipping is for it though. I would want to pick it up personally rather then ship and for me that is fairly convenient.

That kind of limits the interest.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.