Skip to main content

I am tossing around the idea of selling my Campagnolos.

Does anyone know what they are truly worth? They are full magnesium, 15x10 fronts and 15x14 (I think) rears. Wheels are flawless. I would sell them with tires (Michelin TB fronts and Pirelli 345's on the rear. All tires are nearly new.
?? [IMG:left] [/IMG]
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My advice is unless you no longer have the car, don't sell them. They will increase the value of an all original car by at least what you could sell them for, AND make the car much easier to sell. And if you still have the car, maybe in a few years you'll regret selling them? That said, I think that you could expect around $7.5K properly marketed and if they are undamaged.
I think the true value of the wheels with the car is somewhat dependent on whether that car is a later series original wide body. Although they complete the look on an early GT5 conversion, the overall value isn't that of the 9000 series cars.

The white may detract some buyers as on anything other than a white car they wil need refinishing.

As many have said throw them on eBay and see what the market wil bear, $6k is about the entry price and the ceiling is likely the price point where you can buy a new set of Marvic wheels without the worry of 40 year old technology.

The $2300 quoted is Mr Fiat's inflated price, direct from Marvic they are around 1500 Euros, so one can take advantage of favorable FX rates currently.

Julian
Lots of good discussion here. I was so quick to assume that DrOlds has a Euro GT5 (side markers fooled me) but now know it's a conversion. As such, Julian is 100% correct about the value impact on this car. Rocky is too though. At the end of it all, they are desirable wheels but now that Marvic is making new ones in magnesium it's not as hard to find options now. It's interesting that the silver wheels on eBay were a no sale twice.

And Nick, thanks for the kind words. My Goose isn't for sale. I still look forward to being the first person to drive it in over 30 years.

Mark.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.