Skip to main content

I decided I wanted a lower shift knob for the look and to shorten up the throw. My car had the billet knob available from the vendors which I like so I decided to copy it but machine it so it sits as low as possible, about an inch lower. Having done so I may go back and split the difference. PM me if you want one, your choice of emblem and height. $40.00

Steve
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks Guys! I'll be busy this weekend I can see. A dab of black RTV on the back of the emblem works good to hold it in place. Spin the knob on tight and then set the emblem. The RTV allows you to adjust the position to your liking and then let it sit over night.

I am making these to order so if you have a special request let me know. I can bore them as deep or shallow as you like to set the height where you want it.

Steve
I came up with the idea to machine spacers to the exact deminison necessary to clock the emblem in the same place regardless to the combination of spacers used. The knobs can now be adjusted to your liking with four possible positions, zero to 3 spacers. This first batch is shipping with spacers included free. They should ship middle of the week.

Thanks guys,

Steve

Attachments

Images (1)
  • SANY1327_(Medium)
I've had a few of you ask via PM so I thought I would clarify a couple of things.

Due to the exact sizing of the spacers the emblem will sit straight no matter which spacer setup if any you choose. So, throw the spacers in the glovebox and if the mood strikes you can spin the knob off, add or remove spacers and spin it back on. The emblem is still where it should be. Very cool! Maybe you like a more aggressive, lower knob but your wife (you let your wife drive your car????) likes the taller position, now you can adjust it on the fly.

The spacers allow for about 5/16" of total adjustment up from the starting point. You still must choose either the lowest possible knob or the mid height as a starting point. If you prefer I can do a custom height to your spec's.

I need to know the emblem color when you place your order. I found that the emblems are ever so slightly a different size and I'm very anal about certain things. I machine the recess to fit the emblem you choose so the fit and finish is very good.

Thanks for all the interest.

Steve
Last edited by tsolo
Guys,

I shipped the first batch of knobs today so those of you that ordered and paid for them last week should see them in a few days. I have a few outstanding orders to machine this weekend that will ship next week. I am going to honor the $40.00 price with the spacers through Friday 4/11/14 but after that I'm raising the price to $50.00. So, get your order in and save yourself $10.00. Shipping in US is $5.00. Ask for a quote on international shipping.

Thanks,

Steve
I made up another batch of knobs this past weekend. I have had enough requests now that I am offering 3 standard versions and am refering to them by there nominal height. They are 5", 5-1/4", and 5-1/2" all measured from the shift gate on my '74 to the top of the knob. I'm still shipping them with the 3 spacers to allow further adjustment up from the base height. Send me a PM if you're interested in one.

Thanks
Steve
Hi, My name is Frank Chambers, my wife Maggie and I started the Capitol Panteras back in the late 80's. We lived in Loomis (now called Granite Bay)
I purchased my latest Pantera earlier this year, I'm in the process of making it a reliable driver. I just found your billet shift knob online and would like to have one, a 5" with the Blue/White emblem. Could you tell me pls what I need to do to make a purchase as I am very unfamiliar with this web site and how to navigate it. My email is fdcandmmc@aol.com
I keep meaning to take a photo of mine in the car, which is why I haven't yet posted about mine. All I can say is that these are beautifully made, suit the car perfectly, are very comfortable in-hand and are an exceptional value. Thanks again Steve. I LOVE mine!

Mark

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.