Skip to main content

This subject comes up frequently… “How to Share photos with the DeTomaso Registry”.

To protect the system that runs the Registry updates from all the virus and spam that the internet has…

The Registry computer does not “go online”.

If the registry update machine were online,
I would have to manually update lots of anti-virus software, on a daily basis…
and now that the registry machine is more than a couple of years old, some of the
applications on it no longer have updates available. So it could be quite vulnerable to attacks.
To avoid spending all my “DeTomaso Time” just doing software updates, leaving no time for registry updates, I took it ‘off line’.

(I direct connect between the update machine and the LIVE Public edition that you access.)

If you send a LINK to the registry, nothing happens. This is important so I will Repeat it.

If you send a message to the Registry with a link to content -> NOTHING HAPPENS !

The registry system does not follow >links< within messages, and it does not process a link sent with one of the many different file sharing, file compressing, file sending etc… programs out there.

Why? Because it can’t go-online to download yet another file sharing app, then get updates, etc… exposing itself to viruses and attacks.

Thus, only images sent in e-mail, and as attachments, are processed.

So send your image files in a standard file format type (jpg preferred), and send your images as attachments!

Simple is Best !

Chuck

The De Tomaso Registry Guy
http://www.detomasoregistry.or...s/ProvaMoMemMain.asp
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.