Skip to main content

My Longchamp has headlight washers. Not sure if it was standard option or a unique customer wish, I assume one could get anything if one wanted to pay...

However, one is broken, glued together, and it doesn't work most of the time. So I'm looking for another set. There are no markings or letters on them, so I have no idea where to find them.

Has anybody seen such a set, or knows which cars back then in 1978 used them? FYI the pump is a Hella unit.

Thanks

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_20160813_083226-k
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Mikael,

I spent several hours scouring the web for this part. The closest I can find is a SINGLE reference but the part looks correct (less the screw holes for mounting).

See here:
http://www.fiatalfadealerparts...lamp-washer-jet.html

You can hopefully repair yours.

Also, I looked through all of my Longchamp images and can't find a single other car that has these washer nozzles or your unique windscreen wiper arm assembly. Perhaps your car was used as a test car for new ideas at the factory?

Good luck!

Attachments

Images (1)
  • SDC16413
Mikael;

I sent a note to Santiago, but I know that everyone is on vacation. I expect him back around the 28th. I will let you know what I find out, but I think you are on the right path, as many parts were borrowed from the parts bin of other cars (Fiat, Lancia, Alfa or others). I can say that i never saw any "Nordic" required equipment in the factory. I would assume that many times these were added before the car was imported. Similar to the Amerisport conversions of the Pantera.
quote:
Originally posted by No Quarter:
Espen, never throw anything out, some other owner may need it one day. You should see my attic... :-)
What did you do with the holes in the bumper?

Yeah, sorry about that. But I never thought anybody would want those - on any car. :-)
For now I just put on some silver tape. I have plans for replacing the (ugly) bumpers, but thing are going really slow here.
Finally got a link to this item on ebay.de, at a whopping €129. Ridiculous price, almost passed, but then I thought so many people have spent time helping me with this, here and some very nice people on an Alfa forum, so I had to buy it. Smiler Amazingly nice considering I wanted to buy a rare Alfa part and put on a non-Alfa, but this just goes to show that classic car people are the best...

They would only sell to Germany, so had it sent to a German Pantera owner, and then to me. With luck this will work, then I just have to decide whether to drill holes in it or fill the holes in the old one, so left and right look the same.

A lot of work for something that I have practically no use for, but if it's there, it has to work! Smiler
So now I have a new nozzle on my desk. To look like the other one, it has to be drilled and painted. And I don't know if it works yet. The challenge is that if it has a different resistante to the other one, all water flows to one only. Then I have to try and adjust.
Thanks to helpers, especially Mark. I'll keep you posted on whether it works
Finally, after 8 years! And with a little help from my friends...

First played with the small spring in the old one, if not totally right length all spray would come out on one headlight only

Was a bit scary drilling the holes in the new one. Then sanding and painting both, later installing, and then wait 24 hours to take this picture

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_20160902_171651

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.