Skip to main content

First off, I am not affiliated with any vendor, I am a die hard Cleveland fan,unless is some kind of Ford big block, but Windsor edge head motor, for me is like owning a SBC. Frowner
Powers to be are shortly planning in a new batch of Blue Thunder intakes, the more orders the faster they will be poured. I have no shortage of intakes, including Strip Dommy and even Ford factory aluminum version, but havin 40 more foot pound torque on the low end mean a lot more to me than 10 hp at 6,500 top end. And with my large port cast iron heads, I'm sold. Help you and I by putting in you order now, it will happen soon. I'm requesting blocked heat riser version with full notched plenum divider to compliment my 400 CID stroker.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Dual plane manifolds improve mid-range power by maximizing the time between pulses within the manifold. So if you cut down the plenum divider, exposing both sides of the plenum to all 8 pulses, you are essentially reconfiguring the manifold to perform like a single plane manifold. That's why cutting down the plenum improves peak horsepower. But the manifold's ability to enhance mid-rpm power shall be impaired. It is physically impossible for any other result.

Something to consider.
Last edited by George P
quote:
Originally posted by pantera chris:
it had a tilted base and if memory serves me a notch in the divider wall at the top, the intake was exceptional.

If you pre-order you can request the Pantera version of the Blue Thunder which has a flat carb pad.
I'm ordering two BT intakes thru TMeyers, extremely helpful and willing to work just about anything out with Cleveland guys.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.