Skip to main content

I did a review of a GT5-S last month and it had some interesting variations from the cars that were assembled by the AmeriSport teem. Some of the differences may be factory changes so I am looking for a comparison car to see if the changes are factory or mods preformed after it was sold.

This car had a cold are duct for the cabin mounted beside the fog light. This appears to be factory. Yes or no?

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Picture_909
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

This car had 8" and 10" wheels with 215-60-15s and 275-55-15s respectively. The wheels look factory in design but the rear of the wheels are very thick and required long sleeved lug nuts not the original tapered nuts. Is there any other cars with 8s and 10s not the 10s and 13s that were on the early version S cars.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Picture_957
Kirk:

I now have 353 cars in the registry with VINs in the 9000 series, and I cannot recall any one of them having the features of this car (although I confess I have not paid much attention to the clocks). The exception is the 351C, which continued to be installed in GT5S's until the supply from Australia dried up circa 1987-88.

I have seen a few late model Panteras with factory-installed oil coolers, but they do not look like the one in your photo.

What is the VIN of this car? Can you please post some more photos? I am especially interested in seeing what a GT5-S looks like with skinny wheels, which will be a first (the horror, the HORROR!).
quote:
Originally posted by Kirk Evans:
This car had a Cleveland no a Windsor or a Mustang 302. Did the factory find some additional Cleveland blocks or was the engine changed? Does anyone else with a late model S car have a factory Cleveland engine from the factory?

Identifying the original motor (if not faked) is simple. 1- the motor number in the inner fender is matches the number on block and rear of heads 2- there is no Ford VIN in it's usual location.
quote:
Originally posted by Kirk Evans:
This car had a different deck latch without a rear push button.

Looks like the same latch as in the front compartment? As used on the early Panteras?
The electric unit looks like the ones used to open the fuel lids on my 85 Deauville. A plastic rack and pinion type motor. Motor in pull direction and springloaded return.
What I have found or discerned is that with the exception of the front fresh are ducting, all of the other items are not original as the car was sold from the factory for European consumption. I still would like to talk to an GT5-S owner with a late vin number. Does anyone reading this have an S body in the vin range of 9400 t0 9500? Thank you all for the input.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.