Skip to main content

I would like to explain one things very important. When you trace the history, one element is very important. The reg number, as in Italy, you can trace all the owners, date, etc until the first owner, then sometime, you have a small paper which in reality in very important as with it, you can have all the life from new.
A small detail can be a big document.
quote:
Originally posted by Olczyk:
Talking about scam because he don’t reply to you is very strange, may be he is busy or he need to answer within the 30 secondes ?

You must believe that everyone in the DeTomaso community is plain stupid. You are showing the exact same picture of 4794 archives on FB, but this time signed Vito De Tomaso. If you are a serious DeTomaso enthusiast, please stop this crap.
Phillipe, a question about Mangustas Smiler Especially, have you found any records regarding the purchases by DeTomaso for the engines ? My car (1076) has engine number 209, but you show 1266 had engine 093 (and I think that 8ma1046 had possibly even a 36...sorry my photo of it was poor. I have a distributor and smog pump from a car that was in the first 100, for example the casting date for the distributor is the same week as the block on '1076 (first week in July, 1968). So it seemed that DeTomaso may have purchased at once a large number of engines, but then used them in no order at all. What are your impressions about the purchase and usage of these ? Thanks for your help--Lee
quote:
Originally posted by LeeA:
Phillipe, a question about Mangustas Smiler Especially, have you found any records regarding the purchases by DeTomaso for the engines ? My car (1076) has engine number 209, but you show 1266 had engine 093 (and I think that 8ma1046 had possibly even a 36...sorry my photo of it was poor. I have a distributor and smog pump from a car that was in the first 100, for example the casting date for the distributor is the same week as the block on '1076 (first week in July, 1968). So it seemed that DeTomaso may have purchased at once a large number of engines, but then used them in no order at all. What are your impressions about the purchase and usage of these ? Thanks for your help--Lee

Yes, I found the invoices concerning the engine, from ford USA but also from iso rivolta company in Italy , bye
A reasonable question was asked ...

quote:

Originally posted by LeeA:

... it seemed that DeTomaso may have purchased at once a large number of engines, but then used them in no order at all. What are your impressions about the purchase and usage of these …

The reply was ...

quote:

Originally posted by Olczyk:

Yes, I found the invoices concerning the engine, from ford USA but also from iso rivolta company in Italy , bye

The question remains unanswered and no information has been shared.

I started this topic asking for answers to the questions a historian would have regarding Pantera production. Phillippe you've had an opportunity to be a contributing member of this community. You had a second opportunity in answering the question posed by LeeA. Instead the answer is, in so many words, "I've got document for sale".

I am locking my own topic in disappointment. Anybody wishing to acquire documents from Phillippe should contact him privately.

-G
Last edited by George P
Link copied to your clipboard.