Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Chuck spent a lot of time patiently describing/explaining all things Pantera to lots of interested spectators throughout the show.
He also related to us inside during lunch (go ahead, try to keep your eyes on her's while you order your burger!) the terror of evacuating his family while those wildfire's flames approached his own Santa Rosa home.
Firefighters stopped the fires just a few hundred feet from the homes in his subdivision, saving them all.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_0927-2
Ah, now I know what Hooters means...

Seriously, I, being the generous guy I am, treated the wife and son to a visit to Hooters when we last were in the US. I was a bit disappointed, I thought the menu would contain a choice of Blonde, Brunette, Red Head, but we were given a waitress of mediocre looks and the most annoying voice I have ever heard. Reminds me of the "When is a man old? When he checks out the menu before he checks out the waitress". Some of the other waitresses were nice to look at to pass the time between meals...

Looks like a fun day.
quote:
Originally posted by Bosswrench:
Doug, being called "Sir" by a woman isn't near as bad as having a store door held for you by a polite, pregnant teen-ager.... I need to work out more & cut my hair short so the gray disappears!

Well, I've had my Shelby since '72. It was my everyday car then.
I remember going to pick up a date and when she saw the car she said, "I'm not going anywhere in that thing", turned and went back in the house.
I never saw her again.

I still have that car, and have had my Pantera since '85.
I have to ask Jan for some tips.
I'm still waiting to get flashed. It's only 40 years.

The problem with the "Sir" comment was that she was one of the "entertainers from the club". In disguise without her makeup and in sneakers and jeans.

It could have been worse. She could have said something like, "Coach Doug! Remember me? You had me for soccer?" Roll Eyes
Doug, never give up..

I was in Italy alone in a tourist bar 3-4 years ago just sitting watching the world cup soccer and having a beer. A female tourist showed some interest I think, yes it does happen to me, though with more and more years in between ;-). She kept looking and smiling at me. Since I'm a happily married man, I did what I usually do in such a situation, I smiled politely at her and then returned to my beer and the soccer game. And that was that.

The point you may ask? She was at the bar with her parents, she was max 18 years old, I was 54... The young women today want it all Eeker
Hum? You make me remember something.

Years ago Burt Reynolds was on the 'Tonight Show with Johnny Carson'. They were talking about a young woman that was researching for a book about having sex with celebrities and rating their 'performances'.

There was an acknowledgement between "gentlemen" on the air that they were 'both in the book'.

Reynolds asked Carson something like "how do you know you are in the book?" Carson replied, "I saw the book". Reynolds responded, "what rating did I get?" Wink

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.