Skip to main content

I know it's nothing compared to the man-caves I've seen on this forum, but today I started using my new garage. I still have my old wooden, non-insulated, non-heated two car garage. But now I have a brick and mortar heated garage Big Grin It'll be hotter in winter, and it's actually the coolest place on the premises on hot summer days.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_20140504_143508
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Finally got the scissor lift moved from one garage to the other, dragging it all alone is not something I'd do again. 2x6s (or are they 3x8s?) bolted to the floor around it. Electric motor and hydraulics hanging on the wall, the only place I could really get a solid fix for it, the power cord was 1" too short, so had to find a new one.

Well, now I'm ready for almost anything that DeTomaso ownership can throw at me
Wink

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_20140531_084849
BTW, the Longchamp impressed me today. Again. Well, I'm changing all four rear springs, the ones in front of the axle were "easy" to get at, but the ones behind the axle, couldn't get to the upper bolt. So did I have to lower the axle assembly including removing exhaust and brake lines perhaps? No, the clever guys at DeTomaso had done their bit to make it service-friendly, in the trunk were holes and a rubber plug under the carpet, remove the plug and you could get the bolt loosened Smiler

Wish modern cars were designed as user friendly as this...

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_20140531_082057
quote:
Wish modern cars were designed as user friendly as this...

When we lost the in-tank EFI fuel pump in a late model Chev Z-28, the clever GM engineers arranged that before one could reach the pump, the tank needs to be removed.... but first, the entire rear axle & driveshaft must come out. A simple 8" x 8" hatch in the trunk floor would make this a 15 minute swap. Apparently that was far too difficult to do for the factory.

Also have an MR2 Turbo that lost its EFI pump too. Same nonsense- no access hatch in the floor, so the tank needs to be dropped. And before that can happen, the upholstered one-piece console cover needs to be removed... to access a return fuel line and a power wire that runs in between the floor and console. Oh, but the MR-2 console cover cannot be removed without pulling the driver's seat. Factories worldwide no longer know how to spell "service-ability". And fuel companies now sell only corrosive 'gasoline', at high prices. I suggest thinking a LOOONG time before converting any Pantera to EFI.
A garage is always WIP. Early on I got a scissor lift. Since then I've dug down and built rails for it to move in so it stayed in place. Now that the Longchamp is at the painter so garage is free it was time to get rid of the warped boards I used to get in over the lift (the Longchamp is my lowest car, lower than the Pantera), and replace by some concrete

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_20171209_1138416

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.