Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
My new eBay Pantera tool kit Login/Join 

posted
All,

Yesterday the nice mailman delivered a big, heavy box.

As the second viewer of an eBay auction, I could not pass on using the
Buy-it-Now option to purchase a complete Ford Rotunda service kit as
supplied to L/M dealers for servicing the Pantera.

The inner blow-mold liners suffered a bit during shipping, and it took an hour or
better to get the case and tools shiny and spiffy, but the kit is complete and shows only
minor wear on a few items.

Not sure what all the pieces are meant to do; will need to go through the service
manual to figure it out. I may never use all the tools, and the aftermarket axle nut tool
I already have is actually a better design than the original Ford piece, but I'm not too
concerned.

I figure I'll get my money's worth eventually.

Total cost, to my door - $39.00

Larry
party
:-)

Link to POCA photo album:

http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=9960

Posts: 3231 | city, state or province, country: Fresno, California | Registered: February 26, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Pantera 1887
posted Hide Post
Cool and outstanding price.

Mike

The Pantera owner's website "Pantera Place" www.PanteraPlace.com

Become a Pantera Place fan on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/...a-Place/140199235841

Atlanta Donut Derelicts - Our 10th Anniversary - http://www.panteraplace.com/page92.htm

Posts: 927 | city, state or province, country: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: September 29, 2003Report This Post
Picture of DeMopuar
posted Hide Post
Very nice Larry.

Does the box say anything on the outside, or have any part number or other markings?

Thanks,

Mark

Posts: 487 | city, state or province, country: God's Country | Registered: December 18, 2007Report This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Does the box say anything on the outside, or have any part number or other markings?

Thanks,

Yup, view the photos at the POCA album link.

Larry

Posts: 3231 | city, state or province, country: Fresno, California | Registered: February 26, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Larry; Are you sure you did not wear a mask on and a "Gun" to get all that for $39.00 to your door?. I went to the link an it stated the kit weighs 40lbs. Shipping cost had to be $20.00?. Was your bid for the item only around $20.00?. I must have been sleeping on that one, or "else" there would have been a bidding "WAR!"LOL....I have always been very appreciative of your help Larry. I am glad something "Nice" came your way......Mark.

Posts: 166 | city, state or province, country: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: July 15, 2009Report This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes, the seller lost money on that one. He spent $47 on shipping parcel post.

Listing was only up on eBay for 2 hours, 2 minutes before I grabbed it.

Picture of Johnny Woods
posted Hide Post
Larry you lucky bugger! When you figure out what does what let us know would you.

Johnny

Posts: 765 | city, state or province, country: England | Registered: November 08, 2005Report This Post

posted Hide Post
Mike Dailey of www.panteraplace.com has asked me for photos and a breakdown on what each is for.

I'll try to get that done in the coming weeks and let you all know when it is up on his site.

Larry

posted Hide Post
Dog! you Big Grin are a lucky dog for sure!

Posts: 5442 | city, state or province, country: New York | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post