Skip to main content

on another forum I visit, there is posts where PhotoBucket has changed policy and holding accounts hostage where it was used to provide 3rd party links.

quote:
Photobucket.com Terms of Use

Last revised June 28, 2017

Read more: http://photobucket.com/terms#ixzz4lRTwbfFe

Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits

Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.
Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. he free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

Read more: http://photobucket.com/terms#ixzz4lRTKQLk6[/quote]

So my photos here that were linked to PhotoBucket are now GONE
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I just logged into my photobucket account.

Seems my measly "plus 20" account is no longer an option, and yes to obtain 3rd party image sharing status I'm going to have to upgrade to a "plus 500" account, at $400 per year (or $40 per month). The last time I renewed (earlier this year) it was $35 per year.

The custom smileys and all the other graphics used on the forums are hosted on Photobucket. All of the stuff I've ever posted on the internet was hosted by Photobucket.

The price increase seems extreme, but if Photobucket is doing it, what are other image hosts up to?
Last edited by George P
I wanted to thank Joe for posting this "heads up" when he did.

I could not risk the upset to the forums that would have occurred had my linked images been blocked by Photobucket. So of course I bought the $400 membership. So far everything has continued smoothly as it always has.

I'm sorry Chuck to read about your problems.
I think the best option and the one most forums are recommending is to post them directly as an attachment. Yes that does mean resizing to 200KB for this forum, but at least they will remain there as long as the site is up, albeit requiring a bit more storage bandwidth for George.
The hack works, at least for now.

Here's the method posted by Kelly in the other thread:

quote:
Originally posted by Panterror:

Since you posted the original links, if you have your photobucket URLs, try this hack on the photo address:

After the .jpg before the [/img] put ~original ,or otherwise stated: .jpg~original[/img]

This will get all the PB photos showing again, for the moment at least! It worked for me.

Best,
Kelly
Last edited by tsolo

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.