Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm new to the Pantera wanna have club. I was not sure where to post, saw another member post here, so here I am. I currently am a Saturn Sky Redline owner and have for sometime been thinking about jumping into a Pantera. I am not retired yet but close and was thinking about purchasing a Pantera for a restoration project. I am doing my research now. I think buying something that has not a huge amount of rust, not to modified from original, and not a salvage title, since I am in Canada and I'm not sure if a salvage title is allowed in, is the best thing for my me. Gotta keep busy in retirement eh! Anyway, the car is only getting better in value and before it gets to unattainable, I should start really looking. I live on the west coast of Canada on Vancouver Island. Nice to hopefully chat with some of you as I go through this process. Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

SARBlade wrote: he's looking for a Pantera project;
quote:
something that has not a huge amount of rust

Be very careful buying a Pantera with visible rust. Pantera's tend to rust from the inside out, so if there's a little bit of rust showing, it's a safe bet there's a lot of rust hiding where you can't see it. Unless you can do the rust repair work yourself, you could easily spend more fixing the rust issues than you paid for the car.
Just a small tip when checking for rust.

remove the 4 bolts holding the seat belt unit on the inner sill, put your camera inside and take a pic, If the seller won't allow you to do that, he is giving you a message!
Always do both sides. If you go to Provamo and look at my car 3840 there is a pic of what you would hope to find in the inner sill and other shots of my restoration, best Peter

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.