Skip to main content

Hello All,
I am looking to get more night time light in front of my 1974L. I’d like to install some period correct looking driving lights on the car but can’t figure out what would be the best install location that will look descent.

Could anyone that has Driving Lights installed on their car share what they have? Or some ideas? I want it to look like something that would have been added by the factory or added during the 70’s-80’s.
I don’t want anything high tech or modern looking.

Thanks in advance.
Chris
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
If it is purely night vision and not a daytime driving light consider upgrading the headlamps to the drop in LED headlights now available.

As Julian suggested any 7" round LED (or even HID) headlight would do the trick.
https://headlightrevolution.co...-headlight-housings/

I'm not a fan of the appearance of 'speaker' LED headlights, but I've seen a pair installed in an early Pantera and the light was impressive! I guess it's a good thing they're hidden when not being used.
Here is my car...I put in a dual fog and driving light system mounted on the very edge of the grillwork. Also note if you change the factory headlights to a higher output wattage you will increase the amp draw on the system (to do the same work- see ohms law).

In other words increasing the current (wattage bulb) in the circuit path might cause the relay to possibly burn out... so modify the relay to work with the higher draw of current, just my two cents.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 160_small_00001

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.