Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That car is listed for sale in Germany with an asking price of €134K. That's a big gap.

There's also another Longchamp GTS in Belgium with a more sensible asking price of €56K, but the seller of that car rarely sells things for anywhere near his posted prices. His low prices are just to draw people in.
Hum? I should have know that. I was just looking for a spare wheel for my Pantera that would take a collapsible tire.

Bosswrench took an "elderly" 15x4 front drag wheel and used that.
Those are even rare to find now. They must have all died and been laid to rest?

For sure using a 15x7 Campi is too wide for that tire.

I presume these are 6" or 7" wide?

Somebody posted something recently about Jeff Burgy cutting 7's or 8's and turning them into 10's? Yikes. Diane passed away around '78. So that predates that?

Now presuming I had a nice Smithy 3 in 1 Granite that I could cut the wheels on accurately AND I could weld magnesium, I could just make up a 4" wide spare out of a 7?

Just as well as I don't and can't. I'd probably set myself on fire before I learned the technique for the magnesium?

I give myself a B+ for the thought anyway? Big Grin
It's narrow enough it will fit, not necessarily in the space saver wheel cut out but it will pack in the trunk. You can deflate the tire if you want to carry a can of air.

You could re-fiberglass the original trunk to get some more space or make an appropriate space for it, sure is easier working with fiberglass than magnesium! Kirk came up with a higher volume fiberglass trunk design back in 2009;

http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/...=927100083#927100083
GA-BOOM! WHY do I want to reinvent the wheel (so to speak)?

The spare for the rear MUST be the same outside diameter of the existing rear tire. You just can't throw any spare on there. You will DESTROY the locking mechanism of the differential.

The collapsible spares are available but not necessarily anywhere.

I'm just looking for a wheel that is more appropriate then the Mustang steel wheel originally supplied.

It's a simple solution, just need the wheel.
Agreed on wanting a tire diameter match, but as front and rear are different you either compromise between the two or carry two spares. That goes for an inflatable space saver too.

I don't know what wheel/tire combination you are running, but that 145-80-16 is 25.13, there are others out there that might match better, that was just one example.

I'm lost where you are going with this as you posted you wanted to cut a 7" wheel to make a 4" wide spare? Well that Marquis is a 4.5" width wheel (or choose any other compact spare of your choice), put whatever collapsible tire you want on it?
Doug,

I think I have to finally agree with you, we are not on the same page and never will be.

In regard to lecturing, some self reflection is always good, please take a look at how many of your over 7,000 posts are just meaningless drivel or argument.

Julian
PanteraDoug:"What is the point of your post?" Eeker Confused

To see PanteraDoug ask this question is simply mind-blowing. I have the same question in my head almost all the time when I read PanteraDoug's postings. Or to be honest, I rarely read to the end, I stop when it starts to include "funny" things. Remember at school? The boys could be split into 3 groups: The many that were not funny and not trying, the few that were funny, and the one that weren't funny but tried and tried and tried, embarrassing everybody, and hijacking any serious discussions in the attempt. IMO PanteraDoug is that guy on this Forum, year after year. Bloody annoying, and I'm surprised George accepts it, at the expense of the rest of us. Sorry
Just re-read this post, where a Longchamp for sale ad suddenly became a PanteraDoug idea for a spare. Joules very politely tried to help even going on ebay finding a solution for PanteraDoug, and the reply from PanteraDoug is:
"As I have stated previously, you and I are simply not on the same page.
You are carrying on for nothing.
What is the point of your post? Do you just like to lecture for nothing? You seem to like to argue."

Rude and uncalled for IMO

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.