Skip to main content

All,

I am trying to locate another GOose shifter knob to install on my Pantera.....as sort of a tribute to all of my trials and good times with the Goose!

My knob was sort of a smallish reddish wood knob that was a very nice shape, not over bearing, and it looked nice! Unfortunately it went away when the car sold!

What I am seeking, is either another spare wood knob like what I had, OR some basic measurements and I can look into making one or having one made.

Attachment shows my knob. I have no reason to believe this is not the original knob, but I did put a repop emblem in place on the top.

I can't say we've ever had a "shifter knob" discussion here...that I recall! But I have seen some funky knobs and I think I have seen plastic ones....which perhaps were covered with leather at one point in time.....ala Pantera......

Anyway, I did get some rough measurements of the plastic Pantera version, but I cannot compare them to the Goose knob....because I don't have one to measure at this time!

Perhaps one of you has one handy that you can measure up!

Ciao!
Steve

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 101_7161_(Large)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

OK! New buyer was a great sport about this and returned my shift knob!

The question remains, was this beautifully turned piece of plant life made for what it is, or just luck, and then it was covered with cow hide....which decomposed and fell off years ago????

I'm not going to cover it......so really doesn't matter! Someone was suggesting that there could have been repop knobs available way back when!!! I was only 12....and was racing my little blue Mangusta around the Aurora race track back then!!! Who woulda known!?

Ciao!
Steve

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 101_7609_(Medium)
quote:
Originally posted by LIV1S:
Wow! You got lucky the buyer was willing to sell it back to you. I don't blame you for not recovering it. The wood has beautiful natural grain patterns. It would be a shame to cover it up.

Dont sell it back but send it back as a gift.
because Steve was so friendly to write up the whole history from the Mangusta .

Simon

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.