Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

not throw Lloyd under the bus but,, I have not had a reply after months of emails and phone call attempts. his mail box is always full a cant leave a message. 1 reply in the last 1-1/2 years and offered me the same gear set I already have. I too am wanting to go with a taller 5th. .620 very clearly stated in my email. so what is going on there? business is too good?
maybe Ron has a set? I have a -1 ZF but could grind a -2 to fit if I have to.
Tyler, if your dash-1 (what Lloyd calls a dash-1.5 'transition ZF', made from a special Pantera-type diff case and a Mangusta transmission) actually has 'Goose ratios, the R&P was 4.50:1 and redline at 6000 in 5th was 135 mph. So if true, just changing the 5th gear-pair won't put you where you apparently want to be. You'll need the late 4.22:1 R&P gear$, too. You should check what you actually have; this (besides almost non-existent special parts availability) is why we say the dash-1.5 ZF belongs on a shelf somewhere if you actually drive the car much.

In 1970, there were TEN (10) ZF gear ratios published as being factory-available from ZF, with part numbers. Today? Who knows- or could afford them? Lloyd @ RBT has been known to make custom gears for some owners, but after about 40 yrs as a one-man show @RBT, and the ONLY source on the planet of new ZF parts, he's likely getting tired.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.