After running the Pertronix Ignitor III for a few weeks, I decided to add an Ignition relay to bypass the ignition load on the ignition switch and through the relay provide the Ignitor III fused power directly from the battery lead on the starter solenoid. I wasn't having any problems feeding the power to the Ignitor III through the ignition switch but it seemed like a good idea. The details are at the bottom of the page http://www.panteraplace.com/page223.htm The direct load to the battery is so small it doesn’t seem to cause the AMP gauge to show incorrect charge.
Other than it being hotter than heck in the garage today, it was a pretty easy project.
A few weeks ago, I also changed out my Holley 600 for a new 650 and installed new Autolite 25 plugs gaped at .040. Found it interesting that I had to go to a taller air filter to clear the 650 but was able to get it under the screen with a little adjustment on the back of the screen. Could have got a 750 for a bit less money but the 650 seemed like the best match for my modified engine.
FWIW the new Holley 600s do not have externally adjustable float level anymore.