Skip to main content

Is owning a 100% original Pantera your bag?

Are you possibly interested in showing a Pantera at concours style shows, where cars are judged for originality, presentation and workmanship?

Does competing against the anal "keep it orignal" owners of other Italian car marques sound like fun to you, and does having a chance at beating them at their own game put a grin on your face?

There is a red Pantera for sale on the club web site (listed by PI Motorsports) that is just what YOU are looking for!

Chassis 1863

1 owner car (a Ford executive), stored for 30+ years, less than 15,000 miles on the odo (not a roll back either), completely original - unmodified, original color, original Pirelli tires on original Campy wheels, original interior, original engine and engine bay, even the original mirrors. Sittin' up high on its spring spacers like an off-road vehicle. Inflatable spare tire.

The car is not ready for show, it needs lots of TLC, but little to no effort in hunting down oem parts.

I would like to see this car fall into the hands of somebody who wants to restore it and keep it original.

cowboy from hell

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 8302007DP13
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

A couple of more "originality" questions (nitpickey, I know). It appears as if there is some Ford blue overspray on the top lip of the ZF. Would this have been factory or someone's (I guess the only owner's) attempt to repaint the engine at some time? Also, are the headers factory stock?
I don't recognize the radio in this car, but that doesn't mean it's not the oem radio.

The radios were a dealer installed option. I've seen both Becker and a couple of Blaupunkt models installed by the original dealers. The radio in my car is a Blaupunkt. The Becker had a vertically oriented dial specifically for the Pantera.

Of course, some owners installed their own radios too, in that case nothing had been installed by the dealer.

Some dealers carved the speakers into the doors (ugh!), others put them in the center console, under the dash.

Various antennas were used too. The dealer installed antenna in 6018 is a power type.

Notice the big "bubble" installed in the trunk tub as an afterthought? That was one of the a/c fixes retro-fitted by Ford.

Not only is there overspray on the bell housing, but the vacuum diaphragm on the air cleaner snorkel, the oil filler cap and the oil pressure sending unit are all sprayed blue. somebody in this car's history touched up the motors paint and didn't bother masking anything off.

Good eyes noticing the exhaust headers. They look oem to me, but they have either been recently refurbished or they were recently replaced. Perhaps PI Motorsports?

cowboy from hell
Last edited by George P
I think this car is a good candidate for someone that wants an original car.
(Sadly this likely means someone like a museaum)

Truely original cars are now very rare, and although I support the idea of driving the cars, I realize that time-capsule cars are occasionally needed.

As far as the radio question goes, I have photos of original LM paperwork documenting that a Becker radio was offered by the dealers.

Just my .02

Chuck Melton
www.ProvaMo.com
Link copied to your clipboard.