Skip to main content

Well 1332 is finally finished. I started the process 18 months ago and like most things the scope kept getting larger. It all started with a leak on the trans. I though it looked easier to pull the motor and trans together. Why not rebuild the motor while it was out… You can see the scope growing.
The car is finished now. The motor was professionally rebuilt and I stroked it to 392. A custom ground cam with roller rockers and a new Holley 770 carb. The dash 1 trans was completely rebuilt.
I then scraped all the undercoating and had the engine bay painted. I wanted a resto mod look. I wanted to look as original as possible but make as much power as possible. I purchased as many early magazines and dealer flyers as I could find and I tried to make the car look as original as I could. I was unsuccessful in obtaining any paperwork from Ford or the factory so I did use a little “license” in making some of the mods.
The car would never have gotten finished if it were not for the folks on this board. George Pence traded many e-mails with me to educate me on the right components for strong Clevor. I am very pleased with the results. Thank you all for your help.

I am now going to drive the car like I stole it. Anyone got a set of 15” tires? I hope to need a new set before the end of summer, maybe the end of this month

Attachments

Images (5)
  • Enginebay
  • enginebay2
  • screeninstalled
  • Valvecover1
  • valvecover2
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.