Skip to main content

I am looking to carry out a wide body conversion soon. I believe these wheels belonged to an European GTS as the American 72 GTS had 10" wheels. These original 15" are in absolute mint condition without a single blemish on them. What would be their value and would anyone be interested in purchasing them in about a couple of months time ?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by bulldog:
I believe these wheels belonged to an European GTS as the American 72 GTS had 10" wheels.

The only American GTSs were made for the 74 model year altho some were titled as 73s for California delivery. They were exactly the same car as the American L model with the addition of the riveted on fiberglas flares, a different paint job and vinyl graphics on the side of the car. As such, they had 7" and 8" Campy wheels.

European GTSs were made for the 72 model year and they had 10" Campy rears.

Market value is hard to determine nowadays because there are no good speed rated tires available in 15" sizes. A good number of cars have been retrofitted with larger diameter wheels so that they can get better tires.

I'd try eBay.

Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by Rapier:
I think the 8" & 10" wheels may have been optional for a while.
My late '72 European GTS has 7" and 8" wheels..

My europeon GTS came with eights and tens. They are also the only campis I have ever seen that are actualy gold plated from the factory. I spent all day Saturday taking off my Hall Ultras and putting the original wheels back on. I really like my campis. They are real retro.
De Tom,
I think (this is think not KNOW) that the 8" & 10" was optional for a time then standard.

From pictures I have seen Euro GTS cars from before '73 have 7" & 8", after this they have 8" & 10" standard. I really wish I had the 8" & 10" - the 10" rears look so much better.

Bulldog
I have some bills from the previous owner for mechanical work done in the London area.
I have your phone number - are you home this evening?
Link copied to your clipboard.