Skip to main content

Vin: THPNLU 02196
1972 De Tomaso Pantera
Pre L, Great Condition, Original
Ebay Item # 594336007

This car is a rat, dont waste your time looking at it! The rockers are full of rust and someone has done a nasty repaint. The motor runs like crap, the trans is very hard to shift (needs syncros$$$$$$$), the frame is rusted, ugly repaint with a BRUSH around the door windows to make them black, the dash is cut-up for a radio in front of the passenger, window barely work.
Ben will tell you this is a great car! He is also a used car salesman /manager of a company called motormedic in the MAnsfield, MA area. (NO JOKE!)

This car has been on Ebay previously! Also spent time in Hemmings! It a good parts car!!!!!
There are problems with the title to the car! Ben has had trouble getting it from the original owner!

If you bid on this car, do so at your own risk! It's not as advertised!!!!!!!!!!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

How do you know all of this information? Please elaborate, as I know someone who is thinking of bidding and has spoken with Ben already about it. Thanks for any info you can provide me with.

quote:
Originally posted by Pantera Guy:
Vin: THPNLU 02196
1972 De Tomaso Pantera
Pre L, Great Condition, Original
Ebay Item # 594336007

This car is a rat, dont waste your time looking at it! The rockers are full of rust and someone has done a nasty repaint. The motor runs like crap, the trans is very hard to shift (needs syncros$$$$$$$), the frame is rusted, ugly repaint with a BRUSH around the door windows to make them black, the dash is cut-up for a radio in front of the passenger, window barely work.
Ben will tell you this is a great car! He is also a used car salesman /manager of a company called motormedic in the MAnsfield, MA area. (NO JOKE!)

This car has been on Ebay previously! Also spent time in Hemmings! It a good parts car!!!!!
There are problems with the title to the car! Ben has had trouble getting it from the original owner!

If you bid on this car, do so at your own risk! It's not as advertised!!!!!!!!!!!

This car is back up on Ebay again (11/06). I talked to the seller and he gave me all the "good" news about the car, and very little of the "bad....NONE of the really B-A-D as you have described it. I was going to bid on it because the present $17500 seemed like such a good deal. This message needs to be put up front.
Link copied to your clipboard.