Skip to main content

I am looking to sell my 1972 Pantera. This was a long term "dream car" of mine. My reason for selling is simple. I am ready to look for the next car on my short list of "must haves". Funding and a lack of space limit me to 2 cars at a time. (Wife won't let the 1968 Camaro go) This is not a show car and is not perfect. It does have some rust but seems to be very solid where it needs to be. The car came from Mobile, Alabama and was originally white. It is now silver. I have replaced the radiator, put new wheel bearings in the front, replaced the u joints on the passenger side half shafts, had the trans rebuilt and a new second gear synchro put in, new clutch disk, pressure plate, T.O bearing and pilot bearing, as well as slave, master cylinder and lines for the clutch. I change the gear fluid every summer. It has an Edelbrock carb on it now and a single plane intake. I put probably 1,000 miles on it a year and enjoy driving it. It is a good driver quality car. I am asking $32,000.00 for the car. It shows 65,000 plus miles on the clock but I have noticed with the PIM wheels, the speedo reads about 10 miles an hour fast so the miles have racked up quicker then they should. I just put 150 miles on the car today and was grinning ear to ear the whole time. I do not NEED to sell this car and I will not give it away. If you are interested, I will listen to serious offers. Please PM me if you are interested. I do check this forum almost daily. (I love it here!!)
I will find more photos to post. I have done more to the car than what is listed here.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • for_sale
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It has been a year since I originally posted this and I had quite a bit of interest early on. I kind of let the listing "slide" as I am somewhat attached to this car. However, I am still interested in selling it so I am "bumping" it back up. I would love to see it go to someone who would appreciate the car as much as I do.

Since my original listing I have replaced the steering gear with a NEW (not a rebuilt) rack and pinion, new tie rods, ends, and a new ball joint on the passenger side. (it felt a little loose so while I was in there I replaced it. I also installed a "bump steer kit", repacked the wheel bearings, replaced the crush sleeves, and had it realigned. I then rebuilt the rear brake calipers and got the parking brake to work. (still needs some adjustment), and replaced the rear brake pads. I changed the engine oil, trans oil, repacked the U-joints in the rear half shafts and checked them over for wear. All was good! My back tires were a little thin so I purchased new ones (Z rated Michelin 245/45/17's). When I was done with all of that, I put the car on a trailer and hauled it 800 miles to my hometown in Chadron, Nebraska to participate in a car show that my brother and his club sponsor. (I didn't win anything). From there I drove the car to South Dakota and went through the Black Hills. I put on close to 400 incredible miles on some of the most awesome roads imaginable! The car was a dream to drive even though the temps outside were hitting 103 degrees by the time I reached Rapid City, South Dakota. The A/C in the car doesn't work - It's there, it just doesn't work! I made the 100 mile drive back to Chadron in the dark with no problems. My only concern was wildlife on the road!!

This fall I participated in a drive to Sandia Peak with the Viper Club in Albuquerque(Again, some fantastic roads to drive on!). I am happy to report that the heater does work very well. we encountered some very cold weather at the top of Sandia Peak. (over 10,000 feet!). I have shut off valves installed in the heater lines and had the foresight to open them before we left town!

The interior of the car is in very good condition. The seats and dash are in great shape. No tears or bad wear. The door panels have speakers in them but are in very good condition, as is the headliner. I honestly don't know if the speakers, or stereo, work or not. I have never had the desire to listen to music when driving the car. There is a nice 10 disc changer installed but again, I don't know much about it. A previous owner installed HID headlights. They work -that is all I can say. He also installed the GT40 style mirrors. They are electric and they work. I don't like them, but they work.

I installed a new window motor in the passenger door (the Taurus upgrade). It works fantastic! I have been waiting for the drivers door window to fail to replace it as well. It still works perfectly though. I put a new aluminum radiator in a few years back, as well as dual electric, thermostatic fans. I ran them on their own circuit complete with circuit breakers and relays. They are connected to an over ride switch as well. I replaced the water pump a few years ago with a high flow unit. I can't say I have noticed any significant difference with the new pump. (I think it is an Edlebrock). The car will run warm on a hot days (upwards of 230). I have never had it overheat even on the warmest of days. I would like to upgrade the coolant lines someday to stainless lines and replace all of the coolant hoses. The Holley carb on the car failed shortly after I purchased the car so I replaced it with an Edelbrock 600 and have had no trouble with it. I installed headers on the car and picked up a used Hall "Big Bore" exhaust for the car. One of my headers broke at the collector so I have replaced the headers with a brand new set. The car is sort of loud, but not to loud (I Love it!!). This car is structurally sound. It does have rust in the door jams due to dirt being packed in there. There is also some rust in the front quarters due to dirt getting packed in there. I have been all over underneath this car with a punch and a hammer and found NO soft spots. There are drain holes in the rear webbing and that area is completely rust free, dry and clean. I had some rust come through on the rear deck lid and some minor bubbling above the engine on the roof. This is due to condensation and should be easily repairable. I believe the car has been hit on the drivers side as the fuel tank leaked from a bad repair job when I bought the car. The previous owner made no mention of this. The tank has been repaired and I inspected it while it was empty. There was some scaling inside of the tank, but I didn't notice any rust. The car was silver when I got it and it is obvious that it has been repainted. The registry says it was originally white. If there is anything more you would like to know, just ask. I have absolutely nothing to hide!

I am still asking $32,000.00 for the car (or any reasonable offer). I feel this is a very fair price for the car considering the condition and reliability of the car.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • panteraatrushmore
Link copied to your clipboard.