Skip to main content

UPDATE

I just posted the original message below yesterday and have had overwhelming inquiries. Several people asked about additional parts, extent of damage, and so on. I realized that some of my photos didn't transfer. I just pulled the car back out and took some additional photos.

As far as I know, the major parts needed to complete this car are as follows:

Windshield
Rear glass
Headers
Repair or completion of fender flare modifications

The body damage to the car is minimal. There is some body filler on the driver's door. I detailed it in pictures. The right rear quarter in front of the wheel also has a little filler, but nothing extensive. Without totally stripping the car, I'm not aware of any other issues. The doors are not rusted. The rocker panels only have surface rust. I'm not aware of any structural issues with the car. The floor pans are in excellent condition.

Based on the structural integrity of the car, low mileage, comparison to other cars for sale, multitude and value of parts for the car, extras, and some unique parts like the Weber setup, I'm looking for something in the upper $20k range. I am willing to take out the Weber setup and knock off $2500.

Check out the updated pics and let me hear from you!

http://www.cig.usa.canon.com/p?p=DDwX5f5CMAd

This is a project car and is being sold "as is" with no warranty.

Sincerely,

David P. Huet
dhuet@ymail.com
Phone: 225-229-4838

Original message:

72 Pantera needs home!

See pics and details at the following address:

http://www.cig.usa.canon.com/p?p=DDwX5f5CMAd

This car, located in Baton Rouge, LA, has been sitting in warehouses for many years. I purchased it with great intentions, but my circumstances have changed and I now find it in my way. I could move it again but would rather see someone else have a chance to enjoy it. I believe cars were meant to be driven. It will be a while before I have time and a place where I can work on it.

As you will see from the pics, I have a collection of many parts, including many new parts and some pretty cool ones. I also have most of the original parts. Many of the new and upgraded parts are from Hall Pantera.

The car is sound, no rust to speak of other than some surface rust from years of sitting. The body has some light damage from when the car was driven, but it has been repaired. The body is straight, primed, and the jambs have all been painted black. One of the previous owners cut the fender flares to install a fiberglass GT-5 kit. The job was never completed; hence, the screws holding the flares in place. My plan was to convert to a steel flare kit. Side marker lights have been filled. Interior parts are all original and would need to be upgraded or replaced.

I believe the mileage on the vehicle is around 14k, based on the odometer. I've personally known 2 of the last 3 owners prior to me and know the car was rarely driven.

To discuss further, contact:

David P. Huet
Phone: 225-229-4838
Email: dhuet@ymail.com

All reasonable offers considered.

Attachments

Files (1)
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

SnakeCharmer427,

Obviously, I don't get on the forum too often. I didn't see your question until today. My apologies.

The good news is yes, I do still have the car. I just reduced the price to $19,500 and am ready to move it. I just posted it on the forum. Give me a shout if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

David P. Huet
dhuet@ymail.com
225-229-4838 cell

quote:
Originally posted by SnakeCharmer427:
Is the car still available? Has the engine been run and is it together or apart there are photos both way. Under the car is there any rust / pin holes in the frame rail/members?
Link copied to your clipboard.