* rebuilt 750 Holley
* new Spaulding cooling fans
* BBS style honeycomb wheels
* new BF Goodrich tires all around
* Pertronix ignition

The car has not been registered since 1987. It came out of
storage in Alpine, Texas . Contact Chris Crawford @
800.937.7076 or via e-mail cdraces@aol.com

This car is for sale in the Austin area. I inspected and drove the car on May 23, 2002. The Pantera appears to have a good drivetrain and cooling system. The important parts are there.

Some specific needs include a headlight switch, window operation and brakes. The tires are fresh 295/50R15 rear and 245/50R14 on the front. The steering rack has some play. The shift gate is cut away, and it is difficult to select a gear. The engagement of the gear (clutch and synchros) is fine. The motor is stock but for the intake manifold, carburetor, headers and exhaust. The wheels do not rub the fenders. The fenders are perfect, not rolled or bent ever.

There are cosmetic blemishes everywhere inside and out. Not a show car. The exhaust is a different look from ANSA. The mirror is held on with flat head screws. The left gill is painted red, and does not have a fuel inlet.

The engine starts well but for the choke performance. I let it idle for 15 minutes before driving; it did not get hot, but indicated 100 degrees on the gauge all through my visit. It did not leak a drop of water or fuel. It leaked two drops of oil upon return. I suspect the leak is at the front of the intake manifold. The engine pulls well from idle, has good torque up to 2500 rpm, and bleeds down gradually from there. For sure, the engine has stock cam and pistons.

There is no rust in the structural members under the car, but there is slight corrosion around the windshield. The Windshield, battery, charging system appear good. Has original AC compressor, no cold air however. The car comes with a wing if desired. The wing has not been painted.
For more photos and information, please use this link: http://www.employees.org/~mroyer/cars/pantera/car4sale/
All information supplied by the owner.

[This message has been edited by Admin5 (edited 06-19-2002).]
Original Post
Link copied to your clipboard.