Skip to main content

1973 De Tomaso Pantera “L”

VIN No. THPNMT05071

Engine No. 04357

Specifications: 305hp, 351 cu. In. water-cooled Ford Cleveland V-8, Mid-engine, Rear wheel drive, Single four-barrel Autolite carburetor, 5-speed manual ZF transaxle, front and rear independent; unequal length control arm-coil sprung-anti-roll suspension, Four-wheel dual-circuit hydraulic brakes. Wheelbase: 98.4”

Performance: 0-60 MPH – 5.5 seconds

¼ Mile ET – 14.0 seconds @ 99.4 MPH

Top Speed – 145 MPH

This remarkable Pantera is a matching numbers L-designated model, from the production year of 1973. The 'L' represented 'Lusso' (luxury) treatment that included black safety bumpers front and rear for the US market, improved cooling and air conditioning system, a 305 hp Cleveland engine, and a revised dashboard and instrument layout, among other enhancements.

DriverSource is fortunate to have acquired this Pantera from its third owner who purchased it in 1975! It is painted in a red on black combination with very little patina for its age. With a remarkable 10,800 original miles, it is believed to be one of the most original unmolested “L” models in existence.

The originality of this pristine example extends much further than its extremely low mileage and immaculate paint. Other original parts accompanying the Pantera include: Campagnolo cast magnesium wheels (with factory stickers still attached), all four original Goodyear Arriva tires, complete interior: floor mats, radio (with owners guide and user manual), and immaculate leather seats; also, spare tire and wheel with the unused space saver tire inflator, tool kit, trunk liner with mat, and wiper blades. All original documentation accommodates the vehicle as well, including: bill of sale, insurance cards from all three owners, owner’s manual, and the warranty identification card with protecto plate!

Highlights:

* 10,800 original miles and only 3 owners
* Owned by an enthusiastic caretaker from 1975-June 2010!
* Includes Original bill of sale, Protect-O-Plate and Insurance cards from 1973, 74, and 75!
* All books, tools, spare, original battery, and still sits on its original Arriva tires!
* An amazing presentation!

For only $58,500.00

GO TO http://www.driversource.com/ to see all pictures!!!!

De_Tomaso_Pantera_1
De_Tomaso_Pantera_3
De_Tomaso_Pantera_5
De_Tomaso_Pantera_6
De_Tomaso_Pantera_7
De_Tomaso_Pantera_9
De_Tomaso_Pantera_11
De_Tomaso_Pantera_14
De_Tomaso_Pantera_16
De_Tomaso_Pantera_19
De_Tomaso_Pantera_20

De_Tomaso_Pantera_24
De_Tomaso_Pantera_26
De_Tomaso_Pantera_29De_Tomaso_Pantera_29a.jpg>
De_Tomaso_Pantera_31
De_Tomaso_Pantera_32
De_Tomaso_Pantera_36.jpg
De_Tomaso_Pantera_38.jpg

Contact Jose Romero: jose@driversource.com

Attachments

Images (1)
  • De_Tomaso_Pantera_1_(WinCE)
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I would be hopeful that they get the price they want.

I’ve only seen a few Panteras with less than 10k miles and each time I was somewhat surprised at the number of things that needed attention. Low miles don’t seem to help much unless the car was really well maintained even though it wasn’t driven. I think owners often think if they don’t drive, it shouldn’t need maintenance. I expect the opposite is true. In the case of this car, it is interesting that the appearance of the back undercarriage, ZF, bell housing, and oil pan don’t match the appearance of the forward ¾ of the underside of the car.

With only 10K miles you would expect it all to be spotless.

Mike
This site is monitored by many who guage the demand, following, and prices of our cars. A car dealer who thinks he has an excellent survivor example puts the word out here, and the first response is to defile the price of the car and the seller's character. And many of you wonder why the P-car doesn't get the respect it deserves?

Chuck
quote:
the first response is to defile the price of the car

Whoa, Chuck. Maybe you have been involved in Pantera Land for more than your 52 postings would seem to indicate, and maybe you haven't. But my comment that the pricing was optimistic is FAR from defiling and is based on the reality of knowledge I've gained in nearly ten years of being very active in Pantera Land. I stand by my original post; it is an optimistic price. IMHO Wink

Note:
I did not say he can't get that $58.5K, or the car is not worth that. But in today's economy, especially after the OC BJ give-away final prices of the two Pantera sales, getting that $58.5K price will be difficult.

quote:
defile the seller's character

The seller (new to this forum as of today) has done that all by himself in spamming this forum with THREE multi-photo posts, all duplicates of each other. Not a nice way to make a first impression.

Larry
....If the car is a real "survivor" the price seems reasonable....

I was gonna say, this price seems very reasonable to me,too. I know that I paid a lot more for my (even lower mileage) survivor car.

My only question about this car is the black around the engine- is it crazing or cracking?

Jose, any pictures of the original battery? I'd like to see what an original battery looks like....
Link copied to your clipboard.