Skip to main content

Hey Guys, Rich at The Mustang Ranch here in Golden, Colorado. Take a look at this 1973 De Tomaso Pantera #THPNMT0561 with 14,458 original miles up for sale.
This and another Pantera were purchased new by Marshall Chesrown, a Chevrolet dealer of all people in 1973. He occasionally drove them and eventually sold this one to another gentleman here in Colorado that also occasionally drove the car. Stored in a climate controlled environment for 16 years, started and exercised to keep as fresh as possible. Now this De Tomaso has emerged, a true time capsule! Fast forward to now she still retains her numbers matching motor, transmission and all of the trimmings and stock pieces that are discarded by now on other Pantera's. Great looking 100% original yellow paint. I have been over this car with a fine tooth comb an have found the occasional chip/ scratch and door dings. NOTHING! catastrophic on this car at all. Looking at the interior the only thing that would give her age away is a little ware on the drivers seat and slightly aged steering wheel pad. With a couple of pumps of the accelerator peddle she starts right up. No noises, smoke or leaks. When up to operating temperature both of the cooling fans will kick in and keep her at a steady 185 degrees. The clutch engages smoothly through all forward and reverse gears. I have personally test drove her and running on the highway is a breeze at the speed limit and beyond. Totally road worthy, good power and acceleration, steering and brakes a plus. This Pantera is well sorted out. Everything works, wipers/ headlights go up and down/ turn signals/ brake lights/ interior lights/ radio/ all gauges/ windows go up and down/ air conditioning is hooked up but will need a charge, you can hear the compressor engage but does not blow cold. Most recently the oil was changed, new fuel pump, carburetor rebuild, tune up, New BFG tires and a 4 wheel thrust angle alignment. No promises, but I am looking into the original Arriva tires that might still exsist. If they do still there they go with the car. Also included are the tool kit, spare tire, inflate-a-spare cylinder, trunk insert, braw and louvers. Every inch of this car that I have looked at is so impressive because of its excellent condition. In my 40 year carrier of the automotive industry and the 15 Pantera's that I have owned and the many others that I have worked on I have never been so impressed with just this one car. How many are out there that still have the blue paint on the shocks and the Tellcar sticker still on them? It is the nicest and cleanest survivor I have ever or will ever see! Know who you might be doing business with. Google, (Rich Barnes The Mustang Ranch Golden Colorado) there is 2 pages of information about me and my travels.
Please call and ask as many questions as you like because there is no guarantee or warranty on this Pantera. Are you ready to own a piece of American/ Italian history ?
Best regards, Rich at The Mustang Ranch 303-931-5412 $93,500 or best offer
Be sure to check out this youtube video!!!!!!!

1973 Pantera The Mustang Ranch Golden, Colorado
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the video documentation of a as delivered from factory 351 Cleveland.

Unbelievable to myself that the accordion flex air inlet hose to air cleaner snorkel is still intact.

I spent untold HOURS trying to find an NOS accordion hose for a Mach 1 Mustang.

Can you Please tell me if the engine has the spark plug wires metal shielding pieces?

Always wondered if the spark plug wire metal shielding pieces were attached to every engine leaving the factory. THANKS!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.