Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The car is in Portland, Oregon.
Here are the issues:
1. Sync? issue putting car in reverse with engine running. Engine stopped = fine. All other shifting no issues.
2. Passenger side window motor needs replacing. Stopped working this summer. I think switch is fine.
3. Needs new rear deck shocks. Wore out, won't hold rear deck up. (I had to replace them 12 years ago when I bought the car as well).
4. Power radio antenna doesn't go up.
5. Tab on middle air control levers broken off.
6. Trigger start unit installed. I had an intermitent problem with the key not turning the motor over. Trigger always works, but recently the key has worked as well.
7. Needs a new battery - but I will buy a new one prior to sale.

Those are the issues I feel it's important to be upfront about. Other than those, it's in great shape with standard wear and tear for a 35+ year old car. it just needs some TLC.
quote:
Originally posted by Linster:
Where is the car ? and what are the issues?
If that list are all the issues teh car has it sounds like a good buy for someone.

The reverse is more than likely just a shift linkage issue. The reverse syncros hardly ever go out.

The window motor will most likely be the plastic gear cracked a common symptom and a $70 fix for both sides.

Rear deck shocks can be rebuilt if retaining oem is important, otherwise they area a $40 fix.

Good luck with the sale
Julian
quote:
Originally posted by Joules5:
If that list are all the issues teh car has it sounds like a good buy for someone.

The reverse is more than likely just a shift linkage issue. The reverse syncros hardly ever go out.

The window motor will most likely be the plastic gear cracked a common symptom and a $70 fix for both sides.

Rear deck shocks can be rebuilt if retaining oem is important, otherwise they area a $40 fix.

Good luck with the sale
Julian

It certainly sounds worthwhile to throw a new battery in the car and find somebody in town who can adjust the shift linkage.

It would probably be the best couple hundred bucks ever spent on the car.
Link copied to your clipboard.