Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Sorry, I'm in the forum system as well as pictures. Thought everyone knew. It is a 1981....no Pantera was imported by ford after about 74/75. It is a real GT5, #9191, I called Santiago Detomaso myself and had the car confirmed before I purchased it, yea I speak a little Italian. I purchased it from Canada about 8 years ago and brought it to Spokane WA.
Last edited by ferrari
One determining factor is whether it is legal in a state like California. Smog laws here don't exempt it by age. So for me, the price is driven by whether I could ever register it in our wonderful state.

Prices for "real" GT5s in stock shape are higher than what hagerty thinks, but again, find the guy with cash on any given day of the week is what it really takes.

good luck on your sale and post a picture if you dont mind.
Sell the Testarossa, the Pantera is a better car to drive and offers greater future potential IMO.

Good original GT5 cars are being advertised north of $100k recently, I have no substantiation for actual sales prices though.

Take $10k off if you don't have the original Campi wheels available with the car.

Julian
Mark,
Beautiful car, Joules, I don't have the original wheels, bummer, but they make them now out of Magnesium per original. If the Ferrari goes, yep, I'm ordering magnesium new GT5 wheels tires. Hence the original question which car goes.
The Cobra,427cu. 585hp, Courtney chose when she was about 3 yrs old, now 19 and is still her choice.
The Trans Am, 400cu. 705hp, Connor chose when he was about 4 yrs old, now 16 and still his choice.
The Camaro convertible pace car...well the wife wants a date car to drive to the coast, presuming with me.
The Shelby...well it's kind of a car that I have because my Dad had one so we are restoring it together sort of, so it stays.

I have to be very honest, the Ferrari is so fast, really fast, handles, stops corners, and.....well, it's a Ferrari. With MS Racing exhaust the sound is F1 heaven and about 450hp. I raced my pals 1970 hemi cuda, headers cam etc....stomped his butt. Dead stop to about 70mph.
All said the GT5 is a rush of it's own, love it to. It unfortunately will come down to dollars and cents, which sucks.
Our kids are worth it, they come first, cars second, wife third. lol. yes, I already tried to sell the wife.
Prices are upside down over here in Europe. 512 TR which is actually a testa facelift to be honest would give max $100k, GT5 original would definitly give more then that.

Reason is reliability and of course looks.

Testas and 512 are absolutely overpriced in the US to me it is time to sell this car because it has seen its rubicon regarding the price and you can buy one in 5 years for the half of this.

Testa costs $45k in Europe.
My opinion.
The 512TR is a magnificently upgraded Testarossa, no question. Yet this bubble market (my opinion) cant support these frothy prices for much longer.

I sold by my 94 512TR and 84 512BBi (for way beyond what I paid) to move on, and prices have continued to escalate. Oh well.

Kept the Pantera. Its appreciation has been far, far less dramatic, but I enjoy the car so clearly not a money play.

Bottom Line suggestion: You can move the TR for a nice advance; move the Trans Am on (Ron Pratte's collection hitting the market in January may signal the beginning of the end for muscle car's return to pricing health) and just watch the Pantera market.

Whether it's worth 56k as in Hagerty (too conservative) or 100k in the estimation of others (too aggressive, unless there's documentation) it's not gonna tumble down into 'regret' territory anytime soon. It's rare as heck, easy to live with, will always have a following.

Who knows? Perhaps the world will wake up to the fact that our cars are really Ford GTs/Gt40s at a 80% discount.

No matter what, have fun!
Well, there it is, 1984 GT5 on ebay. Euro spec car. From Canada. I called the guy and he wants 80k. Looks like a very nice original car with the same wheels I have. The underside pictures look odd to me, almost like rust pitted and painted over, and aluminum parts painted silver, does anyone else see that? The salesman didn't know much about it but that the owner was very nice and has a few of these cars.
Very nice looking car, personally I love red.
Okay, after lots of sole searching I am pretty sure it's time let the GT5 go. There is a condition with it, I want to trade (Tax's) for a 68 shelby, or....sell it for cash to go buy a shelby.
Yes I have spoken with the the owner of the 68 posted here, incredibly nice man and car, mine just is not right for him. That said if I sell my car, I may be able to figure out how to buy his.
No this is not for kids college fund, this is a personal thing with my Dad. Ferrari will pay for school.
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari:
Well, there it is, 1984 GT5 on ebay. Euro spec car. From Canada. I called the guy and he wants 80k. Looks like a very nice original car with the same wheels I have. The underside pictures look odd to me, almost like rust pitted and painted over, and aluminum parts painted silver, does anyone else see that? The salesman didn't know much about it but that the owner was very nice and has a few of these cars.
Very nice looking car, personally I love red.

I didn't see any underside pictures in the listing?

The GT5 cars were being handbuilt to order so each one is a little different. Early 9000 series cars used leftover parts from the Ford era, some came with burlwood interior others not etc. all of which might be more or less desirable to certain buyers. What vin # is your GT5 and what attributes does it have? Some additonal shots of the engine bay and interior would go a long way. I think there is a market for these cars and the Gt5 in yellow looks awesome, IMO red is too much being mistaken for a Ferrari.

Julian
please, someone tell me why some jerk flags my ad. Did I do something wrong? please tell me, apparently I'm clueless.
So what happens when I find out who, its only a matter of time....I have time, oh and money to find out who they are. and apparently there is a source to track back the users ip address, imagine that.
As I have said, patience is a virtue, and I have patience. Yes to everyone else I am annoyed and will expose thru the system the poser.
Forgive me, not implying at all anyone here, I'm just venting and maybe this person will or has read this, there are a lot of people who are guests, and just maybe...

I really wanted to do this local, the sale. But apparently some does not want may car for sale locally, one has to ask why? I just don't get it, someone suggested that dealers may be flagging it so they can sell there car. I don't know....there are alot of cars for sale at any given time. Implies some one has a motive. I have had a lot of cars over the years and have never been flagged.

So what do they have to gain? What is there motive?
Oh, and I guess it's time to either keep it, or find a different media.
I was not even in the market to sell it until the 68 shelby conversation, and after today ( Dad to the hospital in an ambulance ) there is almost no point to the exercise, He will not be able to drive anymore.

Thanks for the impute. Ebay , not a fan but you're right a great advertising tool.
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari:
Forgive me, not implying at all anyone here, I'm just venting and maybe this person will or has read this, there are a lot of people who are guests, and just maybe...

I really wanted to do this local, the sale. But apparently some does not want may car for sale locally, one has to ask why? I just don't get it, someone suggested that dealers may be flagging it so they can sell there car. I don't know....there are alot of cars for sale at any given time. Implies some one has a motive. I have had a lot of cars over the years and have never been flagged.

So what do they have to gain? What is there motive?

I think you're reading into this way too deep.Nobody is out to get you.unfortunately, there are lots of assholes out there. You'll run into many of them when trying to sell a nice car. Have patience. These cars don't sell in a day.
Will

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.