Skip to main content

FOR SALE
1982 GT5
THPNZU09203

Everything you’d ever want to know about this car is available on this board or on my website:

www.panterapassion.com

Or see lots more pics here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nlo...JsPLImk4wPh2UHa?dl=0

I purchased the car in 1985 from its original owner who had it for a short time. The car is a legit GT5 with all correct numbers on chassis, engine and ZF. The car is what I would call perfect in every way.

I have spent the last 29 years constantly maintaining and improving her in every single way – inside, outside and underneath. The result is a car that will immediately fire up no matter how long she may have been sitting. She will take you anywhere in style, speed and comfort and in 29 years has never left me on the side of the road. You can get it, turn the key and drive 3,000 miles without thinking about it. Ask anyone who knows me. I have been on this board for a long time and you can search back through all of my posts over the many years on the PI Board.

The car has its original paint and glass, along with its original engine and ZF. I still have almost every single original part – from the original brake booster, master cylinders, windshield washer pump and bottle, to the interior trim, consoles, gauges, steering wheel and seatbelts, to the original calipers, heads, intake, carb, trunk insert – even the dzus fasteners and most original nuts and bolts!

Every part is well organized and cared for should anyone ever want to turn this back to an original car. The only things not remaining are the original seat covers (the redone interior uses the original seat pans) and the original wheels, which I sold long ago when I could no longer find 15” tires. Every document pertaining to its history along with every part ever purchased is well organized along with 29 years of its history in magazines, paperwork, photos and video.

Aside from road rash, chips and dings that come with a car that actually goes down the road, she is a beauty and the winner of many prestigious awards. The car has been featured in many magazines and I’m sure those that know 9203 can attest to her beauty, performance and reliability.

My final Pantera project is now well underway, requiring all of my attention and most of my money. So 9203 is now for sale. I have had a wonderful life with her and hope she ends up in a deserving home.

Send me a PM with your offers and any questions you can’t find an answer to on the site or for any additional photos you may require. I will be happy to reply.

Attachments

Images (1)
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Yup. That's a shocker, but I think David has learned from me that more DeTomasos doesn't mean more fun.

9203 is definitely one of the most beautiful, well-cared for and incredible "extreme" Panteras out there. I hope that nobody would even consider returning the car to "original" because it is so much better in every way compared to a stock GT5. The interior is the nicest I have seen in a Pantera and it is also the nicest-driving Pantera I've had the pleasure to experience. When we get together it is always David's GT5 that gathers the crowds. I think I have taken as many shots of it as I have my own cars. The new owner will be acquiring a real gem.

Mark
David it's September not April fool. Don't know if I can believe this post, has this site been hacked??? If it is true this is one of the MOST beautiful Pantera I have seen and had the pleasure of participating runs with. I only wish I was in the position of making her mine. I can only hope you don't come to regret the sale. Good luck David and whoever has the good fortune of being her next master. Fantastic example you can buy this car site unseen, you lucky B. rob6145
Guys, thank you so much for all the nice comments. I must say I never realized that other folks liked my car as much as I do! Thank you so much.

Anyhow, I've added a DBox link to lots more pics now on the top page - or here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nlo...JsPLImk4wPh2UHa?dl=0

I'm sorting thru a few tire kickers and some real offers via PMs and will advise when I have more news. The ad is going up on other sites shortly.
David,
I just saw your post and also saw your advertisement.
I am one of the unusual gusy who liek originality in teh cara dn I saw you had some of the original parts for the car includign carby and other items.
Keen to knwo what you have and if you can let me know yoru emaila ddress so I can make contact. If you sell teh car adn new owner is not interested in holdign teh original parts, I woudl be interested in discussing the option of takign them off your hands?
Would be great to talk.
John
G'day John,

I have the original cylinder heads, water pump, engine internals, intakes, holley carb, windshield washer bottle, brake booster, master cylinders, brake calipers, gauges, dials, consoles, steering wheel, mirror, visors, all switches, knobs, controls, lights, seatbelts, and many containers with other small parts and original bolts, fasteners, etc.

Unfortunately they will only be sold with the car. I currently have a couple of good offers I am considering and doubt the new owner will part with these. But I will advise if otherwise.

You can reach me at dberman@canspan.com if you have further questions. Thank you.
Well, I had serious interest from UK, Dubai, Hong Kong, Japan and couple of too low offers from the US. Surprisingly, not many cared much for details of all my well maintained and catalogued original parts.

In the end it got too complicated - dollar exchanges, shipping, responsibilities, even communicating with people who didn't understand much english or french. Maybe I just got tired of the effort. Or perhaps no one was ready to pay enough for me to make the effort. So happily I have let the few ads I had online expire.

I went out for a long run yesterday enjoying the cool, fall weather. Blue sky. Blazing trees. Leaves flying. Crisp cool air. Wow. What an awesome machine. How could I have ever let her go?

I guess I'll have to find something else to do to her. Maybe I'll take her to Newport Beach with me when I leave next month and have 9203 and XXXX both close at hand to enjoy the CA winter. Classy cruiser and killer beach bum. Fits my split personality well.
Last edited by George P

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.