Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I just saw this car at the Garden State Mustang show a few weeks ago at RT. 23 Automall in Butler, NJ. The car was purchased from a used car dealer in northern NJ on rt 17. They had the car for a number of years, no sale. I do not believe this car is a "GTS", just a used euro car in need of work.There are no docs on the car to verify.

WL
yes I was there also ... yes the dealer purchased it from Charlie Seabrook and he ahs all the docs ..I find it hard to beleive thats Ricky dosent ??

Yes its a GTS for sure and its in fair condition ...I'm sure other Jersey Pantera members know this cars exact history.

Mark would probably be able to give some input I'm sure.

I only know what I see and its a good deal.

Ron
My opinion its going over 30's ... it has a lot of original options that the other dont have. Ricky and I have discussed it before. Have you ever seen power door locks ??? I have switches my other car 6476 dont have. its a rare car and as I have said before ... Panteras are becoming more popular ... the other day I was stopped by an older guy telling me he would have given his testicle eyars ago for a Pantera ... I told him its not necessary he could get one for a reasonable price ... he stopped and we discussed it. Well here it is Rickys car. Reasonable ??? yes consdiering Boss 302's shelbys corvetes and the rest are twice the price.

Maybe I'm too far gone and in too deep or Hooked beyond belief ..but a Pantera is still a good deal at a reasonable price.

This car is a GTS 1987 and has a lot of options the rest DONT have it was ordered by Charlie himself for HIM ... is it the only CLEVOR PANTERA ??? 1 of 1 EXACTLY.

Ron
I looked at this car very closely when I was in the process of buying a Pantera.

The car was purchased direct from the factory by Jersey Pantera's member, Charlie Seabrook. Charlie owned the car for a number of years. The car was purchased from the factory as a narrow body GTS and the motor is a Clevor (Windsor block/Cleveland heads)

It is probably a 1 of 1 car, in that it is probably the only narrow body GTS made that year. The car has a burlwood dash, a beige interior, and big bore exhaust.

Th car was for sale for many years at Ramsey Peugot and was sold to the current owner about a year ago.

Why he is selling it I have no idea. It was a good car. Solid, no signs of rust. I did not buy it beacasue I had the opportunity to buy a highly upgraded 1973 Euro GTS car instead. I was very close to buying this car.
Maximus:

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the club. You certainly have a special car. I have been collecting information on Embo chassis (post-1978) Panteras for over a year now, and I have not found another GTS from 1987 except a reference to #9410, supposedly belonging to P. Karlsson of Sweden which I have not yet verified

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly, because I understand your car has a number of unique features and I would like to include that information in your car's entry in the collection.

phavlik[at]pris.ca

I suggest you also contact Bill Van Ess to see if he has a reference to any other 1987 GTS in his registry:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=detomasoregistry

- Peter
Link copied to your clipboard.