Skip to main content

I don't mind getting a bit off topic at all. I appreciate your suggestions. I want to own a newer model turn key super car, like a GT3 RS, or an outside chance of purchasing a Huracan Performante, that I can drive on weekends and also take to car shows from time to time, as well as take to the track sometimes. Getting a Miata or Subaru or an older Porsche to track doesn't really excite me. And my GT5-S is too pretty  and too rare and  too special a car to track. To track my GT5-S would almost feel like being a disrespectful custodian of this rare car- less than 50 of these cars currently reside in the USA. An open wheel formula car is a bit too extreme for me. I need to get lots of racing lessons first and I pray I don't end up being peeled off of a wall. lol

Yeah but the Barrett I have been watching about 98% of cars are no reserve with the reserve cars only on a few of the big boy cars (multimillion $ cars). They say that is what makes Barrett more unique and exciting with the no reserve emphasis. Was just watching Russo from 4 months ago and so many cars they were announceing they were not for sale to CA residents, so I hope they emphasize that this Pantera is ok for CA. Otherwise it could leave out a good deal of people.

The highest bid on the auction block at Russo & Steele auctions was 145k. The reserve was not met and the car was a "No sale". However, after the auction my car went to the "Post auction" tent. There were a few people showing interest in my car. The best legit offer I received was 220k. After commissions I would receive 200k net to me if I agreed. I carefully considered and then reluctantly decided to accept, rather than pay transport fees to ship my car back home and go through the entire process again with all the uncertainties.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.