Well I finally got my new wheels done. This is my modern take on the Group4 wheel. If you notice the openings are triangles and squares like the Group4 wheels but I just made the spokes much more dimensional and then covered the lugs and gave it a 12 point nut knock-off. These are 18x11.5 rears and 18x7 fronts.

Original Post
Absolutely beatiful car.
Even the driveway looks pristine, you need to do a serious burn out so people know what lives there...
burn rubber
Thanks for the comments guys.

Mikael - Actually just up the drive there are 2 nice wide marks in the drive! Smiler

Jeff- Tires are BFG GForce KDW2 335/30 18 rears
Beautiful wheels! You have done a fantastic job of hiding the lug nuts. And those tyres look bad to bone. As they are drag tyres does that mean the side wall is designed to flex a bit on the launch? How stiff is the side wall? What's the handling like?

Johnny
Johnny- Thanks for the compliment. The tires are not drag tires just BFG KDW2 which is their high performance street tire. They handle great and wear pretty well. I have them on several other cars too.
I liked the old ones too David but when you build custom wheels for a living like I do I couldn't be seen running other companies wheels on my cars.
They look great. The finish and style really complement the silver body color.

I'm sorting out new wheels now. Just curious. Do you have backspace numbers for the 18x11.5" rear wheels?

Thanks,
Brian
Thanks for the compliments. I am really happy with how they came out and they fit the car perfectly.
Backspacing for 11.5 with a 335 tire is 6 7/8

Shaun
We went to the Goodguys show and saw your Pantera. Those wheels look sweeet. Very nice artistry in design and fabrication. If I got a set, I would like my finished with the silver powdercoat I think. There were a lot of people around your car when we were there on Saturday and quite a few around the Panteras in their row in the back display area. Great showing for the marque. Thank you guys.
quote:
quite a few around the Panteras in their row in the back display area. Great showing for the marque. Thank you guys.

You're welcome Dave. We were only able to get eight cars for the show on Saturday.

John
Link copied to your clipboard.