Skip to main content

Looking for the brass water restrictor that is found underneath the thermostat. Does anyone know of a vendor that carries this item still? The Ford Dealerships no longer have around my area nor do they have any idea of where to get... go figure...

If you could pass on the name and number of the vendors you know of that still have this in stock can you email me at dclark@pssd.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Another possibility exists: use a 2" brass freeze plug, available at about any parts store in the free world. You will no longer have the warm-up circuit in your water pump, but you will acquire the ability to run ANY Ford thermostat, since there will be no hole in the new freeze plug to accept the block-off cup on the bottom of a 351c-only thermostat. The change may cause your engine to run 10-15 degrees cooler as a bonus.
I like the idea of the 2inch freeze plug.... You don't know the diameter of the freeze plug to ask for off the top of your head by chance do you? If I can use any ford thermostat then it opens up better possibilities to finding a high flow 180 degree thermostat.

Appreciate your reply
Call Pantera East I sold him 6 of them nos.Ray

quote:
Originally posted by ufmbagrad:
Looking for the brass water restrictor that is found underneath the thermostat. Does anyone know of a vendor that carries this item still? The Ford Dealerships no longer have around my area nor do they have any idea of where to get... go figure...

If you could pass on the name and number of the vendors you know of that still have this in stock can you email me at dclark@pssd.com

Link copied to your clipboard.