Skip to main content

Due to other interests I am thinking of selling my L owned for approximately 20 years. Great car, loud and orange! Don't plan on sneaking around unnoticed with this car. You all know my meticulous care to my cars. Maka me an offa I can't refuse. Detail below:

Awards and publications
Featured in Pantera International Magazine and 2003 POCA Calendar Car.

Body
Stock L model, original DeTomaso orange. Group 4 Altissimo taillights.

Engine
Engine has been modified for more HP from prior owner. Unknown internals, but goes like an ORNG UFO. Hall big bore headers/mufflers to wake the neighbors, which are Jet Hot coated & chromed.

Interior
Interior is perfect and stock except for upgraded Lacarra steering wheel and custom mats.

Suspension
Suspension is powder coated semi gloss black with Koni shocks, stainless steel A arms and ¾" chrome sway bar. New rubber bushings throughout.

Wheels and Tires and Cooling System
Etoile wheels with tire size 335/35/17 rear, 245/40/17 front. New Hall Phoenix radiator and Meriha fans keeps things cool.

Sample of receipts
$3,476 engine, clutch, flywheel, SS tank & radiator work.
$250 engine work to owner specs.
$651 suspension & engine work.
$2,200 engine & carb work.
$780 engine work & balance.
$1,255 engine, trans work.
$2,291 engine work, port & polish, etc.
$685 A/C work, window gear replaced, weather strip.
$1,845 engine area & radiator work.
$135 mats.
$384 & axel saver kit, wheel bearings.
$200 SS water tanks.
$230 high torque starter.
$161 headliner.
$745 suspension work: powder coating, ball joints, springs, steering shaft/rack & pinion, sway bar brackets, hubs, etc.
$479 jet hot coat mufflers, SS a arm covers, etc.
$390 A arm bushings.
$364 sphere bar, 7/8” chrome sway bar, all new half shaft bolts & nuts.
$757 suspension parts & work.
$284 new Hall radiator with exchange deducted.
$158 new coil & vacuum hose, etc.
$179 U joints, etc.
$3,918 wheels & tires.
$1,000 Altissimo Taillights (perfect in & out).
$700 alarm.
$2,000 misc.
$25,571 Total

Additional photos in the link:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/548454744bySVyv

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Rear2
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by mgreene:
Engine pics? Price?

Looking at offers around $47K. I have lots of receipts for engine work from the prior owner, mostly just states "to owners specs", so I am not sure about the engine specs. Compared to my 600+ GT5S Fontana and 500+ Group 4 Stroker, I would put it somewhere in the mid 400s range. Good thing is that it runs like clock work, no problemo.
Let's see here...

Nice car, stock body, knowledgeable owner, $25grand in upgrades on a $47k car. Sure, you can go out and buy a DOG for $25k, do ALL THE WORK and research, all the fitment, refitment, calls, tuning, and retuning, have a zillion $ in "unreturning equity" (also known as "your time").

Then you'll have $50grand in a car that still needs paint, probably has a yet undisclosed affair with a tinworm, and whaddya got? Nowhere NEAR the car being offered here.

Jump in folks. A well sorted tastefully modded car that's ready to run does't come up all that often. THE PRECEEDING IS AN UNSOLICITED OPINION FROM A FELLOW PI MEMBER. Not affiliated or compensated, just motivated to see a bystander join the fun!
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_M:
A non-member friend asked me to make a firm offer on his behalf for $38,500.

You can respond (be nice, now) to pantera2171@yahoo.com

Thanks and good luck with the sale of your beautiful car.

Matt Merritt

Getting close Matt...not quite, but almost there. I see you are in Burbank close to OC. My hand is open waiting for $ to drop in it. I have a couple guys out of state in the 40s, but no dropa of the money in the handa yet.
DISCLAIMER: All postings herein are at the direction of a third party whose level of computer literacy is so low that he thinks that opening a Groupee account will get him a backstage pass...

He says he's firm with his price but can pay with lightning speed.

Personally, I really like your car. Wish I were in a position to own it today.

Matt Merritt
Link copied to your clipboard.