Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I ended up just trying to count how many traffic violations were racked up. Pretty reckless in what was mostly a residential neighborhood if you ask me.

Why is it people are prepared to drive like this on the street and yet you put on a track day and struggle to get folks signed up?

Julian
quote:
Originally posted by Joules5:
I ended up just trying to count how many traffic violations were racked up. Pretty reckless in what was mostly a residential neighborhood if you ask me.

Why is it people are prepared to drive like this on the street and yet you put on a track day and struggle to get folks signed up?

Julian

I have to agree with Julian on this one. I was cringing about halfway through when the Pantera overtook the small SUV at the exact time it had two children riding beside it on the shoulder. Plenty of 30 and 35 MPH speed limit signs on a narrow two lane road full of blind driveways. I was also was observing the rear suspension travel from the rear camera view. Surely there was a better place to put the car through it's paces? -Not something I'd want to attach my name to.

K
Wow! That was some of the best audio and video footage I've ever seen in and on a Pantera. No kidding!

What a sound from that 427! What kind of microphones were those and where on the car were they located?

I don't know the driver at all, but assuming he know what he's doing, as I assume he does, it doesn't really hit me as dangerous. Although "having a nice cold one" before doing this is pretty nuts for anyone to even consider.

I have little kids and understand the concern. But loud red cars making lots of noise may attract a lot of tickets and look scary, but isn't necessarily. BTW, he was past the SUV and the kids before making the pass.

All that noise can be very misleading.
Ha ha, sounds just like my black 5S 427FI Fontana engine...guttural hell when you stomp on it, and job security for the local gumshoe. I saw that car in AZ in 2005 when I teamed up with some Pantera buddies way back then. So long ago I forgot their names, and now getting older I hardly remember mine. But I think the car sold a couple years ago, and from that video, it sure ain't AZ no more. Actually looks like my home town in upstate NY! Really nothing there to run into anyway except occasional deer or other potential road kill. I will post a few photos from my 2005 AZ trip, but back then I sure thought it had an iron block (primitive camra photo back then even shows black block). I will say back then that car was impeccable and I have never been in any Pantera seats that felt that good, and they rode on electric rails...stinkin nice!

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Image033ModLoRes
Thanks for the comments and pictures, guys! It's cool to see pictures of the exact car under a previous ownership. AZ is one of the best places to get a Pantera, because of no road salt or humidity.

David B, you did make a point on "having a nice cold one." I should mention that I often do my video intros after going for a ride, that way I am naturally wired from the ride and can make a good delivery. No way in hell were we going to drink beforehand. I definitely should have thought of that before saying that, so thank you for pointing that out.

Chris
That car belonged to Harry Deshong in Arizona. He had most of the work done on the car. I know Les Gray did a lot of the work for Harry. Harry Passed away several years ago. Jerry McGlothin was the next owner and probably was the one who sold it to the current owner. The beautiful interior was done by "Upholstery by Nick" who could work magic with leather using all the old school skills. He has also passed on several years back.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.